Author Topic: Software  (Read 5592 times)

Offline Ravenstar

• Senior Contributor
    • http://veronaweather.com
Software
« on: July 28, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »
Since this is a temporary forum probably not the time to request a new forum but I thought maybe I'd get some feedback.

I am what I like to refer to myself as a "software junkie", it runs thru my veins. I love trialing new software and when I find just the one I want my heart starts to pitter patter lol of course the next step is to purchase it.

I'd like to see a forum on software that people use on their PC's. Most of us when looking for something probably go thru quite an intense search for just the right one and with all that testing and trialing under your belt, would be nice to see what you came up with.

I found one recently that I am estatic about, to me it is far better than any "normal" anti-spam software, this program is truly a spam firewall. If you're like me I HATE spam, and this thing locks my accounts down solid at the same time giving me full control over ALL email if I so desire. I'll explain better if someday (maybe when Gary is back up and running?) what it is all about.

I know that something like this is far off the beaten path of weather, but the chit-chat forum just doesn't seem right for something like this.

Anyways, maybe it's just me, how does anyone else feel about it?

Vantage pro 2 (wireless)

Offline NoQuitters

• Forecaster
  • W0DLJ - 145.470
    • Overland Park Weather
Software
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 09:09:46 PM »
Would be fine with me. 1/2 the fun of having a computer is trying new things.
I have a ton of graphics programs, most of which I either never learned, or forgot, how to use.

Always looking for something new and interesting to play with. That's how I ended up with a weather station in the first place. :wink:

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Software
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 12:53:29 AM »
I agree!

We ought to put the "Creating/Building Weather Websites" forum back too.. I'll just have to remember what I'd said in the first two posts there before darkness covered weatherforum.net  :cry:

Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Ravenstar

• Senior Contributor
Software
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:18:07 AM »
I'm glad you guys like the idea, probably should be called "General Software" to differentiate it from the weather software forums.

Vantage pro 2 (wireless)

Offline Ravenstar

• Senior Contributor
Software
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »
Since this has now become the official site, can we have this idea for a forum considered?

Vantage pro 2 (wireless)

anything