Author Topic: The Storm  (Read 5773 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
The Storm
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:11:47 AM »
Perhaps no one watched it Sunday on NBC, or they are ashamed to admit it.  I pvr'd and watched the train wreck last night.  Part 1 anyway... with 10 minutes left my wife asked if it was a 2 parter... was afraid to say yes. 88 minutes of our lives gone, but will probably watch another 88 next week, just because.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: The Storm
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:55:30 AM »
     This is the first I have heard of it :oops: #-o.  Might have to check it out just in case.

Mark

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
    • http://www.wxbeacon.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 08:12:35 PM »

That was absolutely painful... like having a tooth drilled and waiting for it to hit the nerve. Kept wishing it would end. [-o<
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan
Hardware:  Davis Vantage Pro Wireless, Midland WR-300
Software: VWS 14.01p43, WeatherFlash, & GRLevel3

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 10:21:27 PM »
That was absolutely painful... like having a tooth drilled and waiting for it to hit the nerve. Kept wishing it would end. [-o<
    As I trust my fellow forum members opinions on most things I won't be going out of my way to see "The Storm".  seems like finding anything good on TV apart from The History Channel, or The Military Channel, A&E, and RTN, is becoming more and more difficult. :-( ](*,) 8-[ :x  Thanks for the heads--up.  Time is flying by too fast to waste it on TV "crap".

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:14:04 AM »
but you are going to watch the nail biting finale this Sunday, correct? 
Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »
but you are going to watch the nail biting finale this Sunday, correct? 
Andrew

He he he! Possibly. We'll see.
Mae govannen!
Kevin  (Member AMS) http://www.wxbeacon.com               Genesee County, Michigan

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
And that's why you maggots should instead be watching the History channel Lock N' Load!!

Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:03 AM »
Watched the "exciting" conclusion of part 2 on pvr Tuesday night....  wow I cant believe they aired that movie... and I cant believe I did not turn it off in part one or two.

Andrew

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
Watched the "exciting" conclusion of part 2 on pvr Tuesday night....  wow I cant believe they aired that movie... and I cant believe I did not turn it off in part one or two.

Andrew

You learn as long as you live.  :lol:
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »
And that's why you maggots should instead be watching the History channel Lock N' Load!!

I just love the Gunney!! =D>

Offline Curly

• Forecaster
    • Michiana Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 11:31:29 AM »
It was hard to watch.  #-o
Did anyone besides me get sea sick from the camera moving around so much and the constant zooming in and out?

I'm surprised Carrot Top and Arsenio Hall wasn't in it.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 11:39:42 AM »
I did not notice the extreme zoom in and out shaky till after "Dawson" got coldcocked... I assumed it was to simulate him having a concussion, untill it continued for the next 3 hours...

Andrew

It was hard to watch.  #-o
Did anyone besides me get sea sick from the camera moving around so much and the constant zooming in and out?

I'm surprised Carrot Top and Arsenio Hall wasn't in it.

Offline WeatherBeacon

• Chief
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 10:32:03 PM »

I completely forgot about Episode 2. Guess that tells you what kind of impression Episode 1 left on me. Too bad. My son and I missed some good laughs together.

So how did they save the world this time? Probably safe to say they didn't use a nuke in this movie. Oh please don't tell they used a nuke! Oh PLEASE don't tell me Al Gore stopped the "storm" and got another prize!

Let me guess . . . the "storm" subsided on its own accord and mankind finally learned his lesson. Did I get it?

Did it end with a political message?
Mae govannen!

anything