Author Topic: SDR - Configure Weewx for Ambient and Accurite Sensors?  (Read 936 times)

Offline Fatboy

SDR - Configure Weewx for Ambient and Accurite Sensors?
« on: December 04, 2022, 06:30:47 AM »
Maybe this is documented and I missed it.

Ambient WS-2000 running 915M and Accurite sensors on 433M. Accurite covers a couple sensors, one being newly insulated/heated chicken coop.

Can cmd = support both, 2 cmd entries under SDR? Work-arounds? Rather not run 2 weewx instances.

Sandwiching into belcher and/or weather34 should be fun (still working on getting rtsp cam to show somewhere besides zoneminder ;~(>

Still like WU (10 day) forecast vs Windy - shows time of when rain/cold front etc will hit, seems like a critical forecast piece to me.

Thanks for any help/ideas/suggestions.

weather.texnet.com - hardly ready for prime time but I'm having fun, as time allows.

Offline watsonm

Re: SDR - Configure Weewx for Ambient and Accurite Sensors?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »
Are you running SDR or rtl_433 to pick up the data  (or something else)

I use rtl_433 and in the config you can set frequencies it will poll in turn .  This mean you could have 915Mhz for a period and then 433Mhz.  If most of your sensors are on one
frequency  you can configure  5 units of time on  that frequency and 1 unit on the other. (sort of time slicing!)

Will explain further if required....
Regards Mike

Raspberry Pi 4
Directly connected : BMP388 pressure sensor.  DHT22 For internal Humidity Sensor temp
Wireless connected: 3 Temperature Transmitters(WS2083), WH57  Lightning Sensor, Fine Offset Solar sensor  (stand alone)

Offline Fatboy

Re: SDR - Configure Weewx for Ambient and Accurite Sensors?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 01:30:11 AM »
Same here, rtl_433.

weewx config or time slicing or ??? detals would be helpful!

TIA