Author Topic: FTP  (Read 2199 times)

Offline steviebaby59

• Contributor
    • Empire Prairie Weather
Re: FTP
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2022, 06:55:44 AM »
Actually, I've tried a different hosting service. Got the same results so I don't think a second hosting service or new IP is going to work either.

HTTPS string does work part time. FTP from Meteobridge doesn't. Filezilla works. My Fling auto FTP will connect but it won't write and delete.

It just something that has to do with T-mobile 5G gateway internet but they keep telling me there is nothing they can do about it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 07:06:12 AM by steviebaby59 »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2022, 09:36:41 AM »
Stevie--I have nothing to add but

Go Bearcats!!!

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2022, 10:18:23 AM »
Actually, I've tried a different hosting service. Got the same results so I don't think a second hosting service or new IP is going to work either.

HTTPS string does work part time. FTP from Meteobridge doesn't. Filezilla works. My Fling auto FTP will connect but it won't write and delete.

It just something that has to do with T-mobile 5G gateway internet but they keep telling me there is nothing they can do about it.

I'd try that MTU post at the top.  the wrong MTU can have a hard to diagnose effect on traffic.  There are 100s of threads where the mtu is way lower than "default" 1500 and you need to find out how your situation is.
https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobileisp/comments/mb6kr9/easy_app_to_find_the_right_mtu_value_for_tmobile/

Offline weatherdoc

• Senior Contributor
    • Willowsford Farm Weather
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2022, 07:24:53 AM »
Maybe you should host on your own server, then there are no ftp upload issues. I finally got fed up with a couple of hosts due to ftp issues and I have an excellent 1GBs connection, typically seeing 950 MBs up and down. I started hosting on my Synology NAS and no longer have ftp issues. All the files are moved around locally from a couple of PCs to the NAS. The up-front cost is relatively high but there's no monthly recurring cost for a host.