Author Topic: Lat/Long backwards.  (Read 1013 times)

Offline StevenStilts

Lat/Long backwards.
« on: January 24, 2022, 10:37:01 PM »
I've been setting up my station after a lightning strike took out my old one and my desktop computer in October. I have everything working for weathercloud, weatherunderground, and pwsweather. But, CWOP isn't showing up, and I think I finally know why; for some reason, it looks like my latitude and longitude are backwards. I have no idea how this happened, since it worked before the lighting strike. How can I change it? I've sent an email to support, but I was wondering if I could change it myself.

Here is the information from the site.

FW8544   Thibodaux   90.90217 / 29.84983   2.7   WxGraph   Stns   FW8544   F8544   F8544   Steven

Thanks; Steve

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Lat/Long backwards.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 03:36:56 AM »
I can't see it just now but I read that you check your location on the CWOP page. If it is wrong, change it on findu, CWOP will update after a while.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 04:18:42 AM »
It could be that the lat/Long is wrong way? But could also be how some programmer is denoting the order that way as many programmers think in a XY frame of mind.

There could also be an issue with the Longitude which as written tends to indicate + (positive) by default when it should be a West (or negative -) Longitude?   

Offline StevenStilts

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 09:58:09 PM »
The position is definitely wrong, but I can't figure out how to change it. In the findu page, it's showing the data but the location is off. Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to change the position?

Thanks; Steve

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 10:50:45 PM »
Try dragging the pointer or map with your cursor.

OK, Had a miniute to look at it. Yeah, drag the cursor.

"The site location should be at the mark shown -- or very close. Clicking within the map area (or you can drag the 'FW4738' marker) will display the latitude/longitude of that point.

If the displayed location (or elevation) of the weather observing location is incorrect, please drag the marker to the right location (or click in the right location), and then send the updated information. Please note that we are trying to spot either the Stevenson Screen (or equivalent) or the location where the barometric readings are taken."

But it is on your CWOP page, not the findu page.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 11:01:38 PM by davidmc36 »