Author Topic: weatherdisplay with Davis  (Read 695 times)

Offline Moffettln.

weatherdisplay with Davis
« on: November 15, 2021, 05:14:00 PM »
I've been at this for hours. I'm trying to use weatherdisplay with my Davis vantage pro2 with the pro upgrade using weather link live. From what I have found Weather Underground is the only way to do it. I can't figure out what I am missing. API key is correct I've entered the station ID in every way I can think of. I have down loaded Weatherlink and that does not appeared to have helped. just can't figure out what I am missing.
Brian R.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: weatherdisplay with Davis
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 11:36:53 PM »
seems to be some confusion here
you have weather display in the subject line
but then you mention wunderground
and then weather link

if you could post some screen shot of what you are setting up and how that would help

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 11:49:33 PM »
Weather Display should able to read data directly from your WeatherLink Live if it's on the same network as your PC running Weather Display.  No need to confuse things with Weather Underground in the mix.  Make sure you've correctly setup your WeatherLink Live in the Weather Display Control Panel, "Weather Station Type Selection" page, "Davis" tab.  You should enter the IP address of your WeatherLink Live and check the "Enabled" box.  If you want to download missed data from the WeatherLink web site, enter the DID key from your WeatherLink Live and your WeatherLink API keys.  The DID (Device ID) and API keys can be found on the WeatherLink.com website under "Device Info" and "Account Information".

If you still need help, try asking over on the Weather Display forum - https://www.weather-watch.com/smf/

-Chris

Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, WeatherLink Live
WXM WiFi (identical to Ecowitt WS69), Ecowitt GW2000
PurpleAir PA-II

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 02:06:16 AM »
yup, and
there is an auto detect too in the setup in weather display
which should work
(works best though if your WLL device is connected to the router via a LAN cable)

you could check out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l69Qj3y_4WY
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:16:27 AM by waiukuweather »

anything