Author Topic: Update Frequency  (Read 1995 times)

Offline JECO

Update Frequency
« on: November 06, 2021, 11:02:31 AM »
My dashboard is always from 10 to 25 minutes behind with observations. I am using WeatherLink Basic to upload data to PWSWeather. My VantagePro uploads to WeatherLink every minute. Does anyone know how or whether I can increase the frequency upload to PWSWeather?

Offline bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
Re: Update Frequency
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 02:14:43 PM »
From the PWS FAQ page:

What is the update frequency for my observations?
We utilize a Content Delivery Network for performance purposes across all pages. This ensures fast load times, resulting in a better experience for our users. New observation data is retrieved every 5 minutes regardless of station update intervals.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 03:57:20 PM »
My dashboard is always from 10 to 25 minutes behind with observations. I am using WeatherLink Basic to upload data to PWSWeather. My VantagePro uploads to WeatherLink every minute. Does anyone know how or whether I can increase the frequency upload to PWSWeather?

I asked a similar question to PWSWeather a few months back. Their response was "the update interval from Weatherlink is only every 15 minutes. However, you can upload the data directly at up to one minute intervals." This can be done in a script by first reading the WeatherLink Live via the WeatherLink Live Local API, then submitting the data just read directly via an API call to PWSWeather as outlined here: https://github.com/OurColonial/WeatherLink-to-PWSweather

Steve

Offline JECO

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 06:39:48 PM »
Thanks, Steve. I guess my mentality is failing because I cannot make hide nor hare of the responses from PWS. So, for now, I am assuming that I can not easily increase the frequency of my station updates at PWS. Otherwise, I must say I like how PWS displays my data.

Jim

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 10:20:24 PM »
Jim,

Do you have a website you could run a php script on?

Steve

Offline JECO

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 10:24:35 AM »
Steve, I do not have a website, and, frankly have no idea how to develop one. As I previously said, I
I guess I have to be satisfied with delayed observations on PWSWeather.
Jim