Author Topic: Atlas Display SD Card Question  (Read 902 times)

Offline Clint1583

Atlas Display SD Card Question
« on: November 02, 2021, 11:15:23 PM »
Can anyone explain to me how the SD card option with the Atlas display works? Trying to protect my unit from losing data during power outages and was hoping this might help but I'm not sure how I get the lost data recovered.

Also, with my Atlas display does the unit loose data by simply unplugging the unit? I'm planning to also install a dedicated surge protector but I'm afraid I'll loose my data when I unplug the unit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Atlas Display SD Card Question
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 10:36:17 AM »
Weather data is written to the SD card every 10 seconds. The data is in CSV format.

Example of one day's worth of data from the memory card:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qfvkbsvqq1u423/20210831.csv?dl=0

If the display loses power all the data within the display's memory will be lost. The display doesn't have a battery backup. There's no way to reload data back into the display. I have my display on a UPS just like you are thinking of implementing.

Added Edit:
I don't use the display to view historical records. I find it easier to use MyAcuRite.com or WU.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:40:34 AM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Clint1583

Re: Atlas Display SD Card Question
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 12:12:22 PM »
Thanks, that helps explain it. I'm also not overly interested in past data history, just the "year to date" rain readings now that the new rain season has started here in the Bay Area. I assume this "year to date" resets on Jan. 1st so I guess I can always wait to unplug this thing until then. We typically never loose power here but I know in the near future our power company has a planned power outage due to repair work. Just wanted to "save" everything before that happens.

I guess I can always reset the rain reading by pouring water into the unit until it reaches the old reading. No reason that shouldn't work I assume, at least I'd still have my true year to date rain readings still.