Author Topic: An alternative to the Weatherlink application  (Read 4020 times)

Offline darmbrust

• Weather Link GUI
Re: An alternative to the Weatherlink application
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 08:24:19 PM »
Thanks for all your feedbacks.
Concerning live update, as you thought, even if the application tries to update, no new data is retireved (API limitation). Refresh frequencies is between 5 and 15 minutes depending on the Weatherlink station owner account. Does anyone know a technical way to get live data?

The only way you would get live data is if you do the TCP handshake with the WeatherLinkLive station, and then consume the UDP broadcast (every 2.5 seconds).  And this would only work for folks who are on their local wifi network with their WeatherLinkLive.

Its a documented process / protocol. 

That's how my little demo project works:  https://github.com/darmbrust/weatherlink

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2022, 05:57:47 PM »
Hi there!

I've jumped over to a WLL, instead of a USB data-logger, so I am uploading to weatherlink.com. I've got it all working, but I do have a quick question; I used to have a Netatmo station linked to the app from about 3 years ago, how do I remove it?

I figured it out by 'disconnecting' it from the app. :)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 06:12:36 PM by Mapantz »

Offline Wooks61

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2022, 10:58:58 AM »
Hi Vincent,
I have an android device which doesn't allow the download from the app store. I could however side-load it with the APK files.
Where can I download the APK files?

Offline vincenttoupet

• Netatmo Analytics
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2022, 11:12:31 AM »
Hi Vincent,
I have an android device which doesn't allow the download from the app store. I could however side-load it with the APK files.
Where can I download the APK files?

Unfortunately the application can only be installed from Android Play Store and Apple App Store.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2022, 05:22:41 PM »
Just looked at this app again. You made a lot of improvements. Looking good. If you could add a DP graph that would be cool.
As for the radar I suggest you either go all in or let it go. By that I mean single site data with all the products. Having smoothed data updating at 10 minutes just isn't the way to go. But that's just me. Other people may like that.
One suggestion if possible would be to utilize the phones gps data to connect to the closest station regardless of the platform or weather station type. I have no idea if this is possible but think it would be a nice addition.

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2022, 01:46:50 AM »
I have just installed this app again and subscribed

A couple of suggestions;

I would very much like to see ECMWF as a forecast source, please, this is a 10 day forecast and certainly more accurate than the others in the list :)

I cant see this option, It would nice to be able to add my Davis and Ecowitt stations as favourites so i can use the pull list to access all from there, please? Found it :)

Last one if i may, for the METAR / SYNOP stations, i would like to see the time that the stations were last updated, please?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 10:15:14 PM by Bashy »
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2022, 09:44:55 AM »
Hi, my Davis in your app is showing feels like at  19C this is too high by about 3C, please see the weather display software for the Davis and the feels like and then see the image of my Davis in your app, my ecowitt WS80 is correct I your app, so not sure why the Davis is off?
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline vincenttoupet

• Netatmo Analytics
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2022, 11:18:05 AM »
Hi, my Davis in your app is showing feels like at  19C this is too high by about 3C, please see the weather display software for the Davis and the feels like and then see the image of my Davis in your app, my ecowitt WS80 is correct I your app, so not sure why the Davis is off?

THSW (temperature, humidity, sun and wind) feels-like is provided by Davis and is far better than the usual algorithms (heat-index and wind chill).

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2022, 11:42:35 AM »
It certainly didnt feel like 19C+ with the easterly winds weve had today, 16C would have certainly been the more accurate reading. Had it felt like 19C i would have been sunbathing for sure, it was too nippy for that...
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline njc68

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »
Hi Vincent,

I have been using your app and bought the premium version to try out all of the features.  Very impressive!  I'm still learning all the ins and outs but so far I like it. 
However, there are a couple of issues I have found that I wanted to bring to your attention. 
  • On the Outdoor Report screen, the pressure should have 2 decimal places when in inHg (29.92 instead of 29.9)
  • The NOAA Hi-res rapid refresh forecast model has no data
  • Something is not right with the annual cumulative rainfall graph y-axis after zooming (see attachments)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

By the way, I'm connecting to my station via WU not Davis WL.

Thanks again, I'm really liking what you have done!
Nick

Offline Bashy

• Forecaster
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2022, 05:31:13 AM »
FYI, windchill at this temperature is more the more accurate feels like for the Davis, currently it's, 14C with 21mph gusts. Windchill is 13.3C. Where is THSW is 16.2C,theres no chance that's how it feels out there at the moment, humidity is 82% and wet bulb is only 12.1C, so for my the THSW is not what it feels like dew to the outside temp and windchill

Kind regards
Bashy