Author Topic: time offset of Vantage  (Read 518 times)

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
time offset of Vantage
« on: March 09, 2021, 05:28:31 PM »
I've searched many forums and have found no answers. My setup is a Meteobridge sending data to several (5) weather networks. It gets its data from a Vantage Pro 2 Plus using a usb logger in a wireless weather envoy. My issue is the logs in my Meteobridge.

It is reporting "time offset of Vantage: -176 minutes". What does this mean? Is the time in the logger/Envoy off by that much? Would clicking this check box "Sync station's date/time with the Internet" and saving it fix this? Or should I just not worry about it. :-)

Everything is working fine with the data I'm uploading. The current time and data matches the data that is being uploaded to every network.

Thanks.

Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: time offset of Vantage
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 05:03:27 PM »
yes time of logger is off. You can synchronize to Meteobridge when logging process starts by setting a switch in the station tab of the Meteobridge.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 07:15:04 PM »
I'm using the Davis WeatherLink Live 6100.
My VP2 Console is not being used.
My Meteobridge Pro is linked to my WLL and is the device that sends data to WU, etc.

How and where then would my WLL get the time?
How and where does my Meteobridge Pro get the time?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:50:02 PM by TraderGary »
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline dj1111s

• Weather obsessed
  • Forecaster
  • The "d" cloud.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 08:03:50 PM »
Thank you docbee. That did the trick.

For others reading this with the same issue now or in the future. I clicked this check box in the "Primary Station" tab "Sync station's date/time with the Internet" and saved it.
Vantage Pro2 Plus W/FARS, wireless anemometer, bucket heater with temperature sensor. Envoy, VP2 and Vue consoles. Meteobridge. Weatherlink Live. AirLink. Soil and leaf station. Attic temp and humidity.
Trained Storm Spotter
Member CoCoRaHS
You will never find me on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media!!!

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 08:16:30 PM »
Thank you docbee. That did the trick.

For others reading this with the same issue now or in the future. I clicked this check box in the "Primary Station" tab "Sync station's date/time with the Internet" and saved it.

I'm using Meteobridge Pro and am not finding this check box.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 02:17:53 AM »
The recipe is just valid when using the Davis data loggers. When you use Davis data via RF or WLL you don't even get any date/time info from the console (resp. don't have a path back to the console), so nothing to synchronize.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 07:22:36 AM »
How and where then would my WLL get the time?
How and where does my Meteobridge Pro get the time?

Both the Meteobridge PRO and the Davis WLL are network devices. Just like any other network devices and computers, they get their time from NTP servers on the Internet (or you can run your own NTP server). For exampe in the Meteobridge under the OpenWRT user interface menu System / System / Time Syncronization you'll see the NTP servers that are configured. Some devices let you set these, and some don't. But regardless they are baked in usually. Some non-networked devices (USB or Bluetooth) are designed to synchronize time from the host computer, which is a different time synchronization method. Cell phones (non-smart) can synchronize time from cell towers and smartphones and cars and other GPS devices can utilize GPS satellites for time synchronization. Then for some household clocks (and other devices) that are RCC (Radio Controlled Clocks) utilize WWVB near Fort Collins, Colorado. As you can see many time synchronization methods exist for different types of devices.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:35:34 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole