Author Topic: Will lose data if I reset Interval??  (Read 556 times)

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Will lose data if I reset Interval??
« on: January 16, 2021, 01:30:15 PM »
How can I be sure all data is downloaded?

I do not store data anywhere at home.

Should everything be uploaded to whatever site I am pushing to and the idea of the memory on logger is if things get disconnected for a while the memory is there so data is not missed?

If I just change the Archive Interval to 10 minutes will I really lose anything?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Will lose data if I reset Interval??
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 02:26:33 PM »

Hi David,

How can I be sure all data is downloaded?
Can you check your upload services, i.e. WU, PWS... and see if that is up to date?

I do not store data anywhere at home.
Can you activate the Custom export - FTP Current data export of realtime.txt and wflexp.json? then you would have the current data.

Should everything be uploaded to whatever site I am pushing to and the idea of the memory on logger is if things get disconnected for a while the memory is there so data is not missed?
Yes at whatever interval you have set.  However not sure if all your upload sites allow for catch up - WU, PWS and WOW do.

If I just change the Archive Interval to 10 minutes will I really lose anything?
It would erase all the logged data the same as other Davis loggers.  You would have no access for catch up of that erased historical data, i.e. CumulusMX download archive data at restart, but you are not using that anyway.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Will lose data if I reset Interval??
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »
Thanks a million for the detailed reply Paul.

I think I will do a download just for the sake of it, and if I time it just so, like a few seconds after WU History (5 or 10 min.....whatever it is....) I shouldn't really lose anything. WU is the only place I really have database I guess......or whatever is kept at CWOP/MADIS/.....however that actually works.

As time wears on and my semi-retirement becomes full-fledged I will spend more time learning what all is actually happening with Data on the internet.

Thanks again.

David