Author Topic: StartWatch and Weather Display  (Read 801 times)

Offline K6GKM

• CamWX.com
  • Contributor
    • CamWX
StartWatch and Weather Display
« on: December 27, 2020, 11:05:07 AM »
Good morning, and happy holidays everyone.

I'm facing a problem with StartWatch, and I was hoping someone had dealt with this issue before and can point me in the right direction.  For some reason, StartWatch can't seem to find/start/monitor my installation of Weather Display after a close/restart cycle of the StartWatch program. 

• On a fresh installation of StartWatch, the program can run/monitor Weather Display just fine.
  • Once StartWatch has been closed and restarted (after a system shutdown and reboot for example), StartWatch can no longer see or monitor Weather Display.  Status reads "Not Monitoring (unable to start program - check program path and filename)"
  • I can kick-start StartWatch into monitoring Weather Display by performing a fresh install of StartWatch, but that kind of defeats the purpose if my machine reboots.

StartWatch also monitors GRLevel3 and an FTP Client just fine.  Weather Display is the only program my installation of StartWatch doesn't seem to want to play nice with.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Grant
Grant Miles
Camarillo, CA, USA
Owner/Admin - CamWX.com
SKYWARN Spotter
Station Hardware: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24hr FARS
Station Software: Weather Display, Weather Message, FWI Calculator, StartWatch, with social media & messaging automation using Make.com, Twilio, and Brevo.

Offline tmabell

• Forecaster
    • Mishawaka Weather
Re: StartWatch and Weather Display
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 05:43:07 AM »
Sometimes starting an app xx seconds after all others have started will help.  If you haven't tried that yet it might be worth some experimentation.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:28:31 PM by tmabell »