Author Topic: NOAA Style Reports  (Read 2646 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
NOAA Style Reports
« on: January 01, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »
I have just installed the NOAA Style Reports developed by Ken of Saratoga-Weather.com and found it to be quite an easy thing to do. It works really nicely and the output is fabulous.

One question though. What is the best way of keeping the NOAA files on the server up-to-date? Is there a way to automatically upload those that have changed each month or do I just have to remember to do it the first of each month?
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
Re: NOAA Style Reports
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:21:53 AM »
Don, I do it a bit differently than you may need to, simply because I can copy files from my weather PC directly to my web server.  

I created a batch file and run it every hour using a scheduler.  It could be run daily as well, but I like to keep my file updated often.  It looks at the noaa files and the first line copies any new file to my web server, and the second line copies any updated files.
Code: [Select]

REPLACE C:\master\vws\data\noaa\*.* "F:\weather\noaa" /A
REPLACE C:\master\vws\data\noaa\*.* "F:\weather\noaa" /U

I use a scheduling program called VisualCron that works like Windows Scheduler, but much better.  My method would also work using WebDrive as an ftp option.  

If you want to use the internal vws tools I guess you could modify the batch file to copy the updated files to an empty directory and then use the ftp Upload Folder menu choice to send the updated files from that folder.  You could do it daily and make sure the batch file first deleted all files from the folder before it copies any updates.
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
Re: NOAA Style Reports
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »
Or you could use "Weather Display" it does automatic updates! :shock:

anything