Author Topic: Death Valley hits 130 degrees, highest temperature on Earth in over 100 years  (Read 1290 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
I always like the bit where they say it's possibly the highest temp recorded in more than a century .... which begs the question, you mean it's been hotter,which then asks the question, well why was otter more than a 100 years ago, sort of blows the climate change stuff out of the window? Supports the rational theory that the climate is ever changing and cyclic and quite different to the alarmists

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
you are missing the point about how statistics works
no one said there was never any extremes
there always has been and always will be

think of the extremes , both hot and cold, as zig zag lines going up and down on a temperature line
as you lift the background warming, like an offset, then you end up breaking more extreme hot temperature records than extreme cold temperature records
i.e the same weather pattern that caused the record 100 years ago today probably would have resulted in a new record
put it another way, the weather pattern that caused that record 100 years ago was likely to have been extreme and wont happen again very often
but here you have that record being broken when the sun is in a very low and long period of no sunspots and there is a la nina at play...both should be causing colder conditions, not hotter conditions ..i.e this record was broken rather easily due to the background global warming

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 11:19:54 PM by waiukuweather »

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
...this record was broken rather easily due to the background global warming...

Wow, they set a record in the desert. It's all over now. Maybe, it's just a once in a hundred year hot spell? Just like this coming winter it might set up for a once in a hundred year arctic outbreak. Or maybe God forbid somewhere, sometime in the future someone will have a once in a hundred year flood? Every time a record is broken out come the doomsayers and start this same debate  ](*,) Jeeze, give it a rest. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 02:35:23 AM by AWL »

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Not sure where u got doom sayer from in my post

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Lets face it even the meteorologists of many countries have been fiddling the data to achieve an unfactual outcome so yeah every time there is some little reason to hang around their climate perceptions they really try and hype it up.

When the raw data is left to stand-alone then maybe some might eventually return some credibility but of late there is no credibility trying to achieve a preconceived outcome

anything