Author Topic: Multiple Installs of VVP on the same PC  (Read 2037 times)

Offline stevendt

Multiple Installs of VVP on the same PC
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:58:10 AM »
Hi,

I am a long time (registered) user of VVP, it is still performing well, even though it's unsupported. That's a great shame, but hey-ho.

Anyway, I would like to be able to run two instances of VVP on the same PC (to talk to different Vantage Pros) and wanted to ask if anyone knew whether this was possible? (I don't want to just try it and risk breaking my running system). I am a registered user, and, although the license is likely on for 1 instance, since the program is now Freeware, there is no license issue here - just technical.

I think it **may**be OK, but I'm not sure - I can't see where VVP stores its configuration data, but there is a Registry Key (in Windows 7 anyway) that points to the install directory. I had hoped to just clone the VVP directory, but with that Registry key, I guess that I need to do a full secondary install. However, I don't want to risk breaking anything by doing this.

Any help would be appreciated!
regards
Dave

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Multiple Installs of VVP on the same PC
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 02:46:41 PM »
I've not tried two instances on the SAME PC, but I do use two instances (one on each PC) and TCP/IP chain them together.  Not the same as what you're asking.. sorry.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything