Author Topic: Ohio Weather  (Read 1080 times)

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
Ohio Weather
« on: April 19, 2020, 03:49:57 PM »
Here is my Ohio Weather site at www.ohwx.net for what it's worth. It's a work in progress sorry if it looks sloppy. click the images for full size. Thanks.

Don in Ohio
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 04:53:36 PM by blizzardof78 »

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: Ohio Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »
I didn't see any PWS (personal weather station) such as a Davis or an Accurite. Are you planning on adding a personal weather station sometime ?

I see you're getting the images from Aeris Weather. If I understand the usage agreement, you need to put notice on your page that the images are copyrighted by them but licensed for your personal use. Are you using the 30 day free trial or are you paying for  a monthly subscription ? You have a "copyright" mark on your page so I assume you have applied for a US Copyright. If not...you need to remove the "C" from your page. Putting a copyright mark on a page doesn't make it copyrighted. Also that infers that you are copyrighting the images from Aeris which are actually owned by them.

Sorry to "rain" on your parade but when you put something like this out on the net you need to give credit where credit is due (ie...a line saying images courtesy of Aeris Weather). While your site looks nice you need to address a few things here. Just putting up a bunch of images taken from somewhere else doesn't necessarily make it a weather site.

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 06:35:02 PM »
This is from the Aeris user agreement...

"4.3 The use of the Application requires attribution to AW and the Customer agrees that any application or service that incorporates data or graphics obtained from the Application shall prominently display the AW marks which include, but are not limited to, the Aeris name, AerisWeather name and logo.  Customer agrees to comply with the AW Attribution Guide located at www.aerisweather.com/attribution."

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 11:47:42 PM »
I didn't see any PWS (personal weather station) such as a Davis or an Accurite. Are you planning on adding a personal weather station sometime ?

I see you're getting the images from Aeris Weather. If I understand the usage agreement, you need to put notice on your page that the images are copyrighted by them but licensed for your personal use. Are you using the 30 day free trial or are you paying for  a monthly subscription ? You have a "copyright" mark on your page so I assume you have applied for a US Copyright. If not...you need to remove the "C" from your page. Putting a copyright mark on a page doesn't make it copyrighted. Also that infers that you are copyrighting the images from Aeris which are actually owned by them.

Sorry to "rain" on your parade but when you put something like this out on the net you need to give credit where credit is due (ie...a line saying images courtesy of Aeris Weather). While your site looks nice you need to address a few things here. Just putting up a bunch of images taken from somewhere else doesn't necessarily make it a weather site.

Thank you for pointing all of this out Garth. I'm not the most technical savvy of people when it comes to this stuff; the items you have mentioned can easily be taken care of next week. My web designer placed the Copyright on the page, I'll have him remove it. I have a Davis Vantage Vue being refurbished now. Hope to have it back online as soon as I get it back.

Have a good weekend Sir, and again, thanks for pointing this out.

Don in Ohio
  [tup]

anything