Author Topic: How to upload to Ambientweather.net  (Read 13002 times)

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
Re: How to upload to Ambientweather.net
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 12:35:12 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, I need some more detailed information from the industry's experts.
I own Froggit station HP1000SEPRO EU 868MHz, I wanted to send data also to ambient but reading post I realized that the FW EU has no suitable protocol. Is it possible to change the device software from Easywether to Ambweather?
Is it possible to install the environment of the WS-2000 station so as to have the possibility to upload data to ambient? (Naturally by purchasing an Ambient Weather VW-Anet license).
In case these solutions are not fake what do you recommend buying to upload to AmbientNet compatible with the external WH65-Y 868MHz sensor? Thank you.
Regards.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »
It is not possible to change out the firmware.

For your Froggit station you have two options to upload to Ambientweather.net.

- use a GW1000 (or DP1500) and Meteobridge software with the Ambientweather.net license.

- use FOSHKplugin with Ambientweather.net license.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2021, 04:06:12 AM »
It is not possible to change out the firmware.

For your Froggit station you have two options to upload to Ambientweather.net.

- use a GW1000 (or DP1500) and Meteobridge software with the Ambientweather.net license.

- use FOSHKplugin with Ambientweather.net license.

Thank you for your kind reply, there is no other way to use Ambinet server.
Is it possible to use a raspberry more to install "foshkplugin" plugins to make the procedure?
Is the GW1000 device (DP1500) necessary?
It is not possible to use "HP1000SEPRO" or "WH-3000SE" to send data to the "FoshkPlugin" plugin? Thank you.

Regards.

Online olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HPx5x1C, WN1900C, WN1980C & WS3800C
    • FOSHKplugin
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2021, 04:23:44 AM »
Hi!

FOSHKplugin supports every weather station that sends the data via http in WU, Ecowitt or Ambient Weather format.
So the HP1000SE Pro will work.

For FOSHKplugin-installation you just need any Linux-able hardware with Python support.
A Raspi just works fine.

Regards, Oliver

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2021, 04:51:00 AM »
Hi!

FOSHKplugin supports every weather station that sends the data via http in WU, Ecowitt or Ambient Weather format.
So the HP1000SE Pro will work.

For FOSHKplugin-installation you just need any Linux-able hardware with Python support.
A Raspi just works fine.

Regards, Oliver

Thank you for the kind reply Oliver, I was doing research, I also inform myself about Meteobreidge, I saw that even that software can be installed on the Raspberry, this software also receives data via HTTP then usable with the display modules: "HP1000SEPRO" or "WH-3000SE "who send data via HTTP ECOWitt protocol?
Another thing, reading I saw that there are firmware to put on TP-Link routers, this system works the same way to use the software on a raspberry? Let me explain better, buying one of those routers and Flashando FW becomes the bridge that connects to the local weather unit and then you can send data to Ambientweathernet?
So buy a "TP-Link TL-MR3020" to make this procedure.
Thank you all for your help.

Regards.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2021, 04:58:13 AM »
The Meteobridge software requires the GW1000 (or DP1500). This is because it can only get data via the GW1000 API that the HP1000SE PRO does not support. The Meteobridge cannot receive the HTTP format data.

The TP-Link hardware is rather dated and old now. It is better for Meteobridge to run on Raspberry Pi. With the Raspberry Pi the Meteobridge will have more features, it will have better performance.
Tele-Pole

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 06:02:21 AM »
The Meteobridge software requires the GW1000 (or DP1500). This is because it can only get data via the GW1000 API that the HP1000SE PRO does not support. The Meteobridge cannot receive the HTTP format data.

The TP-Link hardware is rather dated and old now. It is better for Meteobridge to run on Raspberry Pi. With the Raspberry Pi the Meteobridge will have more features, it will have better performance.

Thank you for your help, so Raspberry seems to be the best solution for both "Foshkplugin" and "Meteobridge" systems.
I start testing these systems try to understand how to use them.
If I need help asked on the forum. Thank you.

Regards.

PS: Galfert you could give me another information:
My "Froggit HP1000SEPRO" display unit latest version of the manufacturer is 1.6.9 while for equivalent display unit "ECOWITT HP2551 / HP2553" is available a more updated FW version 1.7.1. I wanted to know I can install this new recent FW EcoWitt on the equivalent frogg device? Thank you.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 06:43:15 AM »
I suggest opening or posting in another thread to discuss new topic/issue. Answers lead to more questions, and then before you know it the thread is off topic.
Tele-Pole

Offline Maximux

• My Weather Station
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 06:48:49 AM »
I suggest opening or posting in another thread to discuss new topic/issue. Answers lead to more questions, and then before you know it the thread is off topic.

Ok, I open a new post.

anything