Poll

Do you find the Trello PWSweather issue tracker useful?

Yes, I like referring to the Trello board to see what issues are pending. (This does not negate the need to contact PWSweather to inform them.)
No, the Trello board doesn't matter to me. Whatever issues are there I trust will be solved without needing my involvment.
No, I prefer to post about the issues only on this forum and possibly also contacting PWSweather. The Trello board is not necessary.
No, I prefer to just contact PWSweather directly for my issues. The Trello board is not necessary.
Other: explain below what could be better or different with the Trello use or maybe it involves something else that is not Trello.

Author Topic: Unofficial Trello board for PWSweather - Issue Tracking  (Read 2605 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Unofficial Trello board for PWSweather - Issue Tracking
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:19:41 AM »
I've created an unofficial Trello board to aggregate various issues (bugs and feature requests) for the new PWSweather website.

Please continue to submit feedback directly to PWSweather via their website support link as this is not monitored by PWSweather.
https://beta.pwsweather.com/support

Adding cards to the Trello board or submitting feedback on this forum is no guarantee that PWSweather will be informed of the issue you are having. The purpose of the Tello board is to have a place where users can see issues (and comment on them) that other users have hopefully submitted already to PWSweather for consideration. There is also a voting system in Trello where I encourage everyone to vote on those issue that matter to you most. This voting system helps gauge user interest in the particular issues that matter most. The more votes an issue gets the more likely that the color severity will be changed, and hopefully PWSweather might poke their heads in and take notice.

PWSweather Unofficial Feedback Tracking:
https://trello.com/b/bPMBQj8M/pwsweather-unofficial-feedback-tracking

Just create a free Trello account and you'll be able to comment on the cards shown and also to vote. Let us know what issues you have reported.

I would like to mention that the Trello board link above is for PWSweather site bugs and feature requests only. If you have a technical support need or problem with your station then you should create a new thread for help and/or contact PWSweather directly for assistance. This Trello board is only to track issues that stem from the website itself that affect everyone and not for personal support issues.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 02:59:26 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Unofficial Trello board for PWSweather - Issue Tracking
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:25:48 PM »
Currently tracking 29 issues that are bugs or feature requests (wish list items). Please join the Trello board and comment on these issues and how they affect you. Add other issues that have not yet been reported. And vote on these issues so that we can gauge interest.

Good news. I shared the Trello board with PWSweather and they were very receptive to seeing these issues in this manner. They said they could see using this to decide what to fix or improve on next. You must still report any new issues directly to them though.

A great benefit to the Trello board is seeing if an issue you are experiencing is something that hasn't been reported yet, or if it is a known issue. Still comment and vote on the issues and most importantly do report it to PWSweather so that they can see the level of interest and track the issues with their internal help desk system.

The cooperation and response from PWSweather has been very impressive so far. This new PWSweather has a lot of potential. What a refreshing experience.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:01:04 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 03:07:56 PM »
UPDATE: Fixed Trello board so that anyone can enter comments. Sorry I missed that permission setting.

Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »
I'm having some fun adding graphics to the cards. This helps draw attention to some of the cards and helps to break things up a bit instead of just seeing a wall of text. It also helps to draw meaning and understand where the issue applies.

What do you all think?
Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 09:14:13 AM »
I added a poll above. I'm wondering if this effort is worth it to anyone?

Tele-Pole

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 05:45:11 PM »
Lots of updates just hit the PWSweather site! Very nice and welcome improvements.

I've updated the Trello site if you want to know what was fixed.
Tele-Pole

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »
I noticed you moved the issue in the Trello board entitled "Station location is displaying the name of the city based on city center proximity instead of going by city borders (for PWS type)" to "Done-Fixed" status. Unfortunately, this issue has not been fixed. I'm about 5 miles from the center of my city, Tyler, TX, but I show up in Whitehouse, TX where I'm about 4.75 miles from the city center. I contacted Aeris support this past week about the issue and they told me "Please note that our developers are looking at improving this by moving to a borders-based system in the future." So, the city-center based system is still in place.

Steve

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 06:59:47 PM »
I noticed you moved the issue in the Trello board entitled "Station location is displaying the name of the city based on city center proximity instead of going by city borders (for PWS type)" to "Done-Fixed" status. Unfortunately, this issue has not been fixed.
Same here, and in my case it isn't even picking an adjacent city.  My PWS is displayed properly on their other properties so this is definitely a bug.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 08:07:17 PM »
Ok thank you for the feedback on town/city name. I thought it was fixed because I reported the issue and days later my city name was fixed. I thought they fixed the city borders issue for everyone. It must be that they just manually fixed just my station. I've moved it back to pending issues bugs.

It will be difficult for me to determine in the future if this issue is fixed. Please report back as needed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 11:09:19 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 11:16:11 PM »
Yeah improvements...Tenths added and graphs looked improved on mobile...City/town name though still incorrect. Still that lag though with conditions taking too long to show up...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:28:39 PM by catdon »
Don
Staten Island, NY

Online BKS97

• Senior Contributor
    • Sartell East Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »
Tony at AerisWeather Support informed me today in an email that the temperature discrepancies between the 36-hour forecast (located on the beta PWSweather dashboard) and the full forecast page have been fixed.  I had reported the problem to them earlier. 

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 11:25:33 PM »
A lot more updates completed today. This new site is moving along great.
Tele-Pole

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 10:22:55 PM »
I answered "other" on the poll because, while it's important to report and track issues, it's not useful to me personally.  If the issues are getting fixed because of the Trello board, then I think it's needed.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 12:59:49 AM »
If the issues are getting fixed because of the Trello board, then I think it's needed.

I can tell you yes they are using and referring to the Trello site for two reasons. I've spoken to their support and a few times they have thanked me for the work to so clearly document and list out issues. They said that they would certainly take a look at and pull ideas from the Trello site. But they did say that they would not be directly commenting on it. Secondly, although I have submitted tickets to them directly for some major issues, there are many wish list items that I felt were not important to worry about at this moment in time while they concentrated on the important issues. And they have actually tackled and completed several of these wish list items. So it is helping to make the site better.

More of us should be using the site to a minimum just vote on the items that matter most to you, and then if you want I'd encourage some comments so that it shows a level of interest and serves as motivation for everyone, users and the developers.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:01:55 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 12:53:03 AM »
Just a general observation from a quick scan of the Trello board, specifically the wishlist part, a lot of those requests can be summarised as "make it like Weather Underground but without the suckage".  Not that it's expressing a desire to have a clone of WU but more that WU had got a lot of things right before they messed it all up.