Author Topic: Inner tube  (Read 1244 times)

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
Inner tube
« on: May 14, 2019, 05:51:57 PM »
I just set up this new gauge up and I'm trying to become familiar with so I have included a photo to better describe what I'm trying to say. But as you can see, when the rain gets to the overflow slot on the back side there is more than 1" of water on the inner tube. How does one get an accurate measurement this way? Keep in mind I'm not reporting this. I wanted it to compare to my Davis and at this point, they both read the same.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
Re: Inner tube
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 05:53:42 PM »
I don't have clue why it's turned 90°

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 06:04:31 PM »
Maybe a dud?  The CoCoRaHS gauges I have all (3) show the depth of the slot to be correct to the marking when looking at it at eye level.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »
I just set up this new gauge up and I'm trying to become familiar with so I have included a photo to better describe what I'm trying to say. But as you can see, when the rain gets to the overflow slot on the back side there is more than 1" of water on the inner tube. How does one get an accurate measurement this way? Keep in mind I'm not reporting this. I wanted it to compare to my Davis and at this point, they both read the same. 
Perhaps a knock-off, the mold doesn't seem quite right. The gauge itself might be inferior/inaccurate as well, even though the Davis concurs (so far). Could you please tell us where you bought it?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 06:55:40 PM »
Mine was the same way. I just made the over flow slot a little deeper. Now it dumps at .99.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 07:10:23 PM »
This was covered back in 2015. See this topic: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=27758

I displace some water to get the amount below the 1" mark, record that, then add it to the remaining amount after emptying the inner cylinder.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline captgadget

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
After watching this video I now have a better idea of how to do the measuring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLatKFXyXQ&feature=youtu.be

amazon.com

and I doubt it's a knock off since the parts list came with the unit and where to order the parts.

So my question has been answered.