Author Topic: Temp/Anny display intermittent  (Read 452 times)

Offline merlinwx

• Contributor
Temp/Anny display intermittent
« on: October 23, 2018, 02:29:49 PM »
I have a VP2 that seems to intermittently drop the wind and temp/wind chill display.  This happens about once or twice per minute with the wind display freezing and the temp/wind chill going to dashed lines.  I am still receiving the "X" in the lower right of the console screen during the display drop. It usually recovers within one or two cycles of data delivery from the ISS.  My ISS is located about 650' from the station and is in clear line of sight.  My station is the only one around for miles so I don't believe there is any interference issue.  Diagnostics shows signal strength at between 25-33, 98% good packets received and background noise at 12.  My guess is that I am at the edge of the reception range even though the ISS install guide claims 1000' range (I did see the disclaimer that says 200-400' under normal conditions, whatever that means).   This station operated in this location without issue for about a year before it started doing this.  Any thoughts on what might be my problem?  Moving the station closer to the console is not really an option due to the surrounding topography.
Davis Vantage Pro 2/Weather Display
Meteobridge 3.3/TP-MR3020/Belfryboy logger
WU-KCOCANON7/CWOP-DW5626

anything