Author Topic: Nice assortment of weather instruments on ebay  (Read 4030 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Nice assortment of weather instruments on ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
Looks like somebody grabbed up that assortment of items!
It did seems to be quite a variety though!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 01:37:15 AM »
Use EXTREME caution doing anything on eBay.  The site is no longer safe for many transactions.  You have to look seriously at the history of both buyers and sellers.

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »
Use EXTREME caution doing anything on eBay.  The site is no longer safe for many transactions.  You have to look seriously at the history of both buyers and sellers.

Did you have a bad experience?  Do tell us about it.  I have been dealing on the Bay for over ten years now and know it is imperative to thoroughly read the description and scrutinize all photos.  When in doubt ask questions. On high price items I may ask for a phone number and talk direct. If you have bid and find something a-miss, don't be afraid to pull your bid. I would not say it is no longer safe, looking at the history for the most part is a joke.  If some one has 100%, the Bay only shows the last 12 months, what was it before then, folks also go by several names.

Never had a bad transaction.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 03:46:16 AM »
I cruise several boards like this across the web dealing with a wide range of subjects.  One theme is common.  eBay is loaded with scammers, both buyers and sellers.  Fraud is out of control there.

rikostan

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 06:58:12 AM »
I have used ebay off and on for years too. Never had a bad transaction. It's all about paying close attention to what you are doing and staying away from anything even remotely fishy.
It never hurts to warn people to be careful though.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:30:06 AM by rikostan »

Offline NiceBill

• Forecaster
  • Texas Township, Illinois
    • Texas Township, Clinton, Illinois 61727  Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 09:27:06 AM »
I have used ebay off and on for years too. Never had a bad transaction. It's all about paying close attention to what you are doing and staying away from anything even remotely fishy.
It never hurts to be warn people to be careful though.

Agree, folks should be aware that they must do there home work, however, not that the sky is falling.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[note: Bill passed away December 31, 2008 -- Rest in Peace Bill, you'll be missed!]

anything