Author Topic: 2013 Time Lapse of Sunrises  (Read 950 times)

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
2013 Time Lapse of Sunrises
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:35:58 AM »
Appropriate for Easter Morning...

Now I have a lot of work ahead of me to line-up that Cactus and make it a whole lot more stable.  As well as bring the like color sunrises together etc....

http://youtu.be/gZclu2TpbNk
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:24:21 AM by kaymann »

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
Re: 2013 Time Lapse of Sunrises
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:18:03 AM »
Wow... Randall you have some incredible images.  Plus you get such a variety.  Beautiful stuff.   

I have done a lot of slide show videos lately and thought I would share a simple trick that I think creates a smoother video.  Also... as feedback....  :-)  Your images are so beautiful that we need a little more time to soak in the beauty.....  In this case, I think less is more....  As an example I just put together a short sample slide show so you can see what I am talking about.  I chose 7 images.  Each image is 3 seconds in duration with a 1 second fade transition between each.  The fade transition seems to take all the jerky motion out of the video.   So, this nets out to a 15 second video. 

Thought I'd share,
Greg

Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: 2013 Time Lapse of Sunrises
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »
Greg, I completely agree I just did one for church that utilized the Burn's effect with the nearly exact timings you suggested (maybe 5 to 1 the video was 35 minutes long (longer than the longest song session).

On this I was trying do a wow all that in a year and was thinking same number if photos with even less time....  But settled on this.  The Burn's effect video I could shorten to a couple of my favorites and still hold that to that perfect 30 sec total time frame you have perfected

Greg thank you for the feedback and passing on your video knowledge which I do greatly value.

Huge crew of family coming over today may have time tonight
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:00:34 PM by kaymann »