Author Topic: Carter Lake image resizer...  (Read 5203 times)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Carter Lake image resizer...
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:57:19 PM »
Hello all, I am using the carter lake image resize that crops off the side DBZ color scale and so you can make custom size images. I have it working where it will output the picture. Only problem is it will not update the picture. I have CMOD both images to 666. The only way I can get it to change is to call the URL of the script in my browser and then it will update. Otherwise it will not. I am calling it with an image tag because with a php include it gives me an error. I can not find any information on this and help files. Anyone else using this that can give me some insight on this?

-Thanks

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
Re: Carter Lake image resizer...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 06:31:33 AM »
Anyone? I am really stuck and I have tried everything. If anyone has some ideas or information about this it would be greatly appreciative.

Offline Curly

• Forecaster
    • Michiana Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:40:48 PM »
I'm not sure what script that you have. Most of the image handler scripts update each time the script runs, as you described. I'm not aware of any self updating scripts.
Are you going to use this for animation?  If so, a cron job will need to run the script every xx minutes to get a sequence of pictures.

Curly

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
This is suppose to be a self updating script. No I am not using it for animation just for a a single still image. It is used to crop a GR3 image and resize it to your needed size. The script can be found here...

http://www.carterlake.org/weatherphp.php

I am using the second edition of the Radar Resize with Cache. You can see an example on my front page. I have followed the directions on the top of the file and CMOD all the images to 666 but it doesn't update unless I call the file in the browser. This is suppose to update on its own. I have even set up a cron to run it and it doesn't run it and the cron is executing successfully.

Offline Curly

• Forecaster
    • Michiana Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
What is the php error?
If you are not using include, where is the script?

Offline katlon

• LONNIE'S WEATHER STATION
  • Contributor
  • GO HEELS!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »
i used the miniradar script for a long time and have been thinking about your problem and I think you will have to call the php script in order for the jpg to be made. Using the miniradar.jpg is just using a file created by the php. You can either call the php script or insert it into an iframe. I quit using the script because I started using png files and could never get it to output a png file. Hope this helps.

Lonnie

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »
I tried including the script with include tags but nothing shows. It is not an image anyways so nothing is going to show. The only way I can get it to display an image is to include the image in which it creates, which it does do that and it displays. It just will not update. One thing I have noticed though is the new input file doesn't stay CMOD to 666. When the new image is created by GR3 it goes back to 644 so I am not sure if that is causing it or not or a way around it. The output files stay at 666 like suppose to.

Here is the actual script, as you can see nothing shows because it is just a script.

http://www.mesquitechristmas.com/weather/miniradar.php

Here is the image it creates which works and shows, just will not update when a new image from GR3 is created for that image. Only way it will update is if I call that script in the browser.

http://www.mesquitechristmas.com/weather/GR3/miniradar.jpg

I am out of ideas and don't know what to do next. I sent Tom an email about this several weeks ago but not heard anything back...

Offline katlon

• Contributor
  • GO HEELS!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 08:22:24 AM »
If you have it configured correctly you can call the php script as shown below. I don't use this any more but just put it back together again to show you what you should get.

http://pulliamjr.com/radar8/lightning2.php

Lonnie

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
I don't have a problem with displaying the image. I have the script outputting an image and displaying it. The problem I had is getting the image to update when a new image is created.

I have the problem sorted out and have it fixed and updating now thanks to Mike at Midsouth Weather Network.

anything