Author Topic: And now its time to play with the weather sites.  (Read 2017 times)

Offline scottm

• Contributor
And now its time to play with the weather sites.
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:05:30 PM »
I, like a lot of you, enjoy tracking and studying severe weather. Looks like after that last round, my GR3 will be gathering dust for a few days. Hmm, maybe now i can go see what that loud noise was in my backyard.

Scott

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: And now its time to play with the weather sites.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
How was that squall line going through Orlando? Up here it was pretty lame but I was working inside at the time.
Now down in south Florida it packed a punch. Saw a video of the scoreboard at The Doral being blown over during a gust. That was cool. :grin:

Offline scottm

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »
Heya, Here was just a big rain event, i honestly don't remember even hearing one punch of thunder or a significant wind gust. I did record 2.9 inches of rain though, much needed rain too!

Glad you came out unscathed :D

Scott

Offline scottm

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 05:53:09 PM »
I forgot to mention Ocala, we are supposed to set record lows here tonight in most areas. I think 39 is the official low for the date, im anxious to see if we do. I bet it'll be a bit chilly in your neck of the woods as well. Any new records for you ya think?

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »
Hit 39 last night. NWS spot forecast calling for 35 tonight. 33 is the record. If the winds die completely then we have a chance but they are supposed to stay around 5mph.
Did you see that seabreeze front that kicked up  Wednesday evening? Mighty summerlike. :grin:

Offline scottm

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 07:12:09 PM »
Did you see that seabreeze front that kicked up  Wednesday evening? Mighty summerlike.

Indeed i did :D