Author Topic: Barometer data not showing on Weatherlink 2 bulletin  (Read 5634 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Barometer data not showing on Weatherlink 2 bulletin
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 09:52:17 AM »
My time shows when I hover the mouse cursor over the "Current station" name. It doesn't show like the images that PaulMy posted.
If you click on the X above your user name it will close and the update time will then show there.  No different though than by hovering over your station name.

I also see that in your Bulletin under your station name on the side only Barometer is listed, like Meteochiclana's.  The other items must be visible only by the station's owner.

Enjoy,
Paul

And so it is. Thanks.

I can see all parameters. I have all the boxes ticked for the various sensors. I have Pro and can see a friend's VUE OK. (everything)

Not sure what to do about the baro only issue. Is this the base (non Pro) setup?

On the Zulu time, I do have this set: Time Zone America/Detroit

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2018, 10:16:13 AM »
I can see all parameters. I have all the boxes ticked for the various sensors. I have Pro and can see a friend's VUE OK. (everything)
I have the WL.com free version and uploading from VP2 Pro ISS through Vue console/WiFiLogger.  Can you see all my station parameters - Barometer, Inside Temp/Hum, Local forecast, etc. as these are all ticked?

Mine is set America/Toronto also EST.  Up to a few days ago it did display at local time.  Presumably Davis is making some changes and will get resolved.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 11:36:20 AM »
I have the WL.com free version and uploading from VP2 Pro ISS through Vue console/WiFiLogger.  Can you see all my station parameters - Barometer, Inside Temp/Hum, Local forecast, etc. as these are all ticked?

Mine is set America/Toronto also EST.  Up to a few days ago it did display at local time.  Presumably Davis is making some changes and will get resolved.

Enjoy,
Paul

I assume that yours is "KomokaWeather". I can see all of your parameters from my weatherlink.com bulletin.

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2018, 11:40:52 AM »
I assume that yours is "KomokaWeather". I can see all of your parameters from my weatherlink.com bulletin.
Thanks Greg,
As I can't see all of your parameters I think this confirms one of the differences of Pro vs. free.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 03:09:19 PM »
....Not sure what to do about the baro only issue. Is this the base (non Pro) setup?....

No, Baro issue has absolutely nothing to do with Base v Pro, Davis just need to fix their stuff. This is not a pro v free issue
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:12:02 PM by Mattk »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2018, 06:12:37 AM »
All WL2.0 times appear to now be in sync and Baro graphs should be all up and running?

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
  • In Lakatamia, Nicosia, Cyprus.
    • PWS page on WeatherLink Network
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 07:49:51 AM »
The times and barometer data are OK (and up to date) on the table view of the Bulletin, but (in my case) the barometer graph on the "widget" view is still not caught up (see attached screenshot).

Similarly, on the WL 2.0 mobile app (iOS version) there are no charts available: it says "No chart data available."

chrysnic
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-hr fan-aspirated radiation shield (UK/EU edition)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 08:11:12 AM »
Let me repeat my suggestion again that your archive data is not uploading correctly. In other words, it's a local problem not one at wl.com
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2018, 08:29:31 AM »
@johnd So, as you previously suggested, the problem could possibly be the Meteobridge Pro, which does not pause for enough time to allow the WeatherLinkIP device to upload its data to Weatherlink.com?

chrysnic
Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with 24-hr fan-aspirated radiation shield (UK/EU edition)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »
Yes, but it is only a thought or suggestion. Your symptoms seem to me to be consistent with the archive data not arriving correctly at wl.com. But what's causing the lack of archvie data is unclear.

Are you able to try downloading the archive data into Weatherlink for Windows via the web download protocol? That would check whether the archive data is there or not. Remember you need to use the DID and not the user name these days.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »
I only have a Mac on the same network as the WeatherLinkIP device. I will try to connect a Windows laptop and do what you suggested. Alternatively, I suppose I could disconnect the Meteobridge Pro for a few hours (or maybe more?) to see if the problem is fixed.

Thanks for the suggestions,

chrysnic

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2018, 09:19:13 AM »
I only have a Mac on the same network as the WeatherLinkIP device. I will try to connect a Windows laptop and do what you suggested.

What I'm suggesting os to try a download of the archive records from weatherlink.com. So the Windows PC can be anywhere in the world! It just needs to be running WL for Windows and have your IP logger's DID and account password.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2018, 09:33:36 AM »
Ohh, OK, thanks!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2018, 05:30:54 PM »
Yes you need to do a Web Download (Device ID (DID) radio button checked and not the Local device ID (MAC Address) which will indicate if the upload data is behind or not. As the upload occurs every hour then up to an hour is ok, anything more than that then WL2.0 will typically not display the Bar graph etc   

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »
@johnd So, as you previously suggested, the problem could possibly be the Meteobridge Pro, which does not pause for enough time to allow the WeatherLinkIP device to upload its data to Weatherlink.com?

What have you set the WL upload interval as on the Select Station tab?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »
Looking closer at that Bar graph, there appears a different issue apart from data being up to date. if the data was behind there would be a little red warning circle and there would be no graph at all with a message saying Graph will update when there is more data etc. Your graph actually has data, just 1 value 1025.1 @ 05:59:00 which would be from quite some hours ago, at least yesterday morning as your current date/time is Dec16/00:45

Normally the Bar graph requires 3 hours of recent data to display, this one appears to be locked up somehow on 1 record?

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2018, 07:53:59 AM »
Update: The problem seems to be fixed now! As I could not get hold of a Windows laptop today, I tried 2 things this morning: (1) I first switched the Meteobridge Pro to "Use internal RF receiver" (i.e., to not use the WeatherLinkIP device). This did not fix the problem, so (2) I also rebooted the Davis VP2 console (power-cycle). The second action seems to have fixed the problem (see attached image; I hope the jagged barometer line will eventually become smooth).

I will wait for a few hours, and then I will switch the Meteobridge Pro back to reading from the WeatherLinkIP device [@Mattk the WL upload interval was set to 1 minute]. It is possible (I guess) that the problem was fixed solely by the rebooting of the console and the WLIP -- I will know for sure by tonight.

Thanks,

chrysnic

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2018, 09:58:38 AM »
Good to have it working for you and the one-minute baro graph looks good...

Interesting that comparing your attached screen shot and what I see on your bulletin has some differences, unless you edited your station display settings.  Your screen shot does not show the temp and rain blocks which show in the bulletin I see, and as expected the inside temp/hum, local forecast and moon/sun blocks are also not visible in the bulletin.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline chrysnic

• A weather aficionado
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2018, 03:07:40 AM »
Update 2: I have switched the Meteobridge Pro back to reading the weather data from the WLIP device (while allowing for Weatherlink uploads at 1-minute intervals), and the data on Weatherlink.com is still fine: the barometer graph is fine and all data seems to be uploading correctly. It looks like the problem was actually fixed by the console and WLIP reboot.

@PaulMy Indeed, I don't know why there were differences between the screen shot and the bulletin. I believe that all "widgets" are now correctly displayed.