Author Topic: Weather Underground Station Summary Dashboard  (Read 1243 times)

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
Weather Underground Station Summary Dashboard
« on: November 18, 2019, 08:45:34 PM »
With the limited support for uploading with the Acurite Access (Weather Underground only), I have been using iframes to display the Station Summary Dashboard on my website. As of today, it appears the Weather Underground is now blocking this, and all I can do is put a Weather Underground widget and have a link to "View Full Observation" which will take my users to the Weather Underground Station Summary. I get so frustrated with these changes by WU, making it harder and harder to use my data online.

Does anyone know of any other way to get data from the Acurite access to other sites? I know about Acuparse, but it is a Linux program and I'm only conversant in Windows. I really love the Atlas weather station. I'm a NWS meteorologist and it is the best system I have had and don't want to get rid of it, but may have to eventually if I can't find any way to consistently move the data to the web.

Thanks
Chris
moreheadcityweather.com 

Offline Michael M

• Senior Contributor
    • mypensacolaweather.com
Re: Weather Underground Station Summary Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »
Im not sure if this would work for you
The API from WU
You can get your API from WU under Profile and settings
You could build a script in PHP or Ajax to use that API data to display you data how you want
They don't block API data

Which you can use as a external source for your Script
If you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:43:00 AM by daddy2425 »
WU
KFLPENSA29  WU is currently Online Again
Got New Station Installed 9-2-22
CWOP DW7066
[AKA]  Michael

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 01:07:37 AM »
You just posted your API key for everyone to use.  Thanks!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 06:36:36 AM »
They don't block API data
There is a limit to the amount of transactions a free WU API key can be used for.
Call volume: 1500/day, 30/minute
The lowest plan commercial API key wih added capabilities costs $200/month.

I've edited daddy2425's post to remove the API key.

I think it is not common knowledge that API keys are like passwords. Please don't post your API key or Webcam key or the like. The risk is that with your WU API in the wild then others can use it for getting data with their application with whatever station they want. If enough other people use your API key then it won't be available for you to use because there is a limit to the amount of free data that an API key can be used for. The bad part I just realized is that WU does not provide a way to revoke and regenerate new API keys. They should add this functionality. The API key is tied to your account, not to your station, but it can be used to pull data from any station even those that are not yours. This functionality is by design. It allows someone without a weather station of their own to have a WU account and pull data from a nearby station or several of them.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:26:27 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 08:50:27 AM »
I have 2 Access receivers here, and they are useless for me. I want to get wind extensions for my Atlas stations, but I will not until I can use my data the way I want to.

ctccbc, is your atlas sending -40 to findu? Looks like the pressure is wrong also. Hopefully you can figure out how to get everything going there.

Offline ctccbc

• Senior Contributor
  • Acurite 01035, Weather Display
    • Chris Collins Morehead City, NC Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 09:02:45 AM »
DoctorKnow,

That's actually the old 5-in-1. I thought I had disabled it, but will check again. The Atlas sends data to Weather Underground just fine, but WU will no longer let me iframe the dashboard for my website, that is the issue. I wish MyAcurite would add CWOP/Findu to places it will upload.

Chris

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 09:38:52 AM »
DoctorKnow,

That's actually the old 5-in-1. I thought I had disabled it, but will check again. The Atlas sends data to Weather Underground just fine, but WU will no longer let me iframe the dashboard for my website, that is the issue. I wish MyAcurite would add CWOP/Findu to places it will upload.

Chris

I'm using both sensors, since the Atlas cannot be shared to all the sites I like. If your sensor is sending -40, it likely just needs a replacement temp/hygro sensor board. I plan to keep using 5 in 1 sensors until my pc connect console dies.