Author Topic: Not That I Give A Rip...  (Read 452 times)

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Not That I Give A Rip...
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:10:43 PM »
WeatherUnderwear keeps nuking my gold badge. I really don’t give a rats a$$, but the inconsistency is astounding. Bottom line; I’ve watched the ‘progress’ of the new WU website and in all reality, it’s done. Not going any further. They are simply consuming our free data (as apparently flawed as it is) and making a total mockery of the WU weather station owners/providers.

Let me know if you agree or disagree.

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
Re: Not That I Give A Rip...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »
It is what it is. I gave up caring a while ago. My data shows and I don't have a webcam to worry about.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 02:31:42 AM »
I'm (slowly) migrating to my own servers and custom web pages.  I can still pull PWS data from those areas I am interested in but relying on IBM for much of anything these days is a fool's errand.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 09:18:14 AM »
All IBM can see is the money they can generate from the data that they get for free.  The concerns of those that supply the data are of no concern.  Apparently, they're not seeing enough money though given the apparent lack of staffing.

My data and web cam are showing up, but the interfaces for both make PACman on a VIC20 look good.  I'm interested enough in weather to want to know what's going on locally so the station stays "on the air", but there are other ways for me to see my own data.  It's truly a shame what IBM has done to a, once good and useful, resource.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.