Author Topic: Bloomsky UV non-functional  (Read 2351 times)

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
Bloomsky UV non-functional
« on: February 10, 2017, 08:15:01 PM »
My Sky2 has been faithfully reporting for several weeks now except the UV reading is always zero.  I shouldn't need a Storm to get UV data correct?

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Bloomsky UV non-functional
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:27:41 AM »
The UV sensor on the Bloomsky Sky2  is on the STORM.   They moved it there because when the Sky1 had it, if you tipped the camera, the UV sensor didn't get the right readings as it was no longer at 90 degrees.

Hence you are not getting UV readings anymore with the Sky2,  In fact not much is left on it.  The light sensor is also gone, the camera time is between 30 minutes before and 30 minutes based on the geographic coordinates of where you say your station is, not the actual light levels.

So  you can either be happy with the Sky 2 and the readings it has or go buy the Storm, and get the UV with their rain pan (which by the way not accurate. My Davis reported 0.14 inches of rain,  my Storm 0.05.   but the wind measurement is really nice.

OR you can buy a real weather station.    I bought the Bloomsky for 2 reasons,  I like the camera after having to do photos through the window and the 2nd hoping to check how the non-FARS compares with the Sky2 sensors.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 02:06:08 PM »
The UV sensor on the Bloomsky Sky2  is on the STORM.   They moved it there because when the Sky1 had it, if you tipped the camera, the UV sensor didn't get the right readings as it was no longer at 90 degrees.

Hence you are not getting UV readings anymore with the Sky2,  In fact not much is left on it.  The light sensor is also gone, the camera time is between 30 minutes before and 30 minutes based on the geographic coordinates of where you say your station is, not the actual light levels.

So  you can either be happy with the Sky 2 and the readings it has or go buy the Storm, and get the UV with their rain pan (which by the way not accurate. My Davis reported 0.14 inches of rain,  my Storm 0.05.   but the wind measurement is really nice.

OR you can buy a real weather station.    I bought the Bloomsky for 2 reasons,  I like the camera after having to do photos through the window and the 2nd hoping to check how the non-FARS compares with the Sky2 sensors.

Ok, so when my Storm finally comes I'll have UV.  I ordered the Bloomsky for the novelty as well.  As for buying a real weather station, I reckon my Rainwise will hold it's own against your Davis.

Offline Martlet

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:02:12 AM »
My UV isn't talking to Wunderground for some reason.
Sky2
Storm

Offline SunBlisters

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 05:28:32 PM »
I much prefer getting solar isolation data vs UV levels you can easily figure UV levels by dividing the isolation reading but not the other way around! But then BS only reports this data once an hour anyways, so what's the point.... :roll: