Author Topic: Wireless connection  (Read 330 times)

Offline MM0MVX2

Wireless connection
« on: March 15, 2024, 12:25:58 PM »
HI All
MM0MVX confused to say the least ,how does it all work I have a ISS VP2 , WWL-6100UK ,CONSOLE 63120V MODEL 6152UK.  What talks to what ,why I ask is I fitted a new battery, a Energiser CR123 3v. package says 12-2033 China when tested with multi meter thy show 3.08v these were fitted yesterday 14/03/2024 and now all the usual fields are dashed out on the console the app on the phone is the same .The station was down yesterday for along period of time but me report back from Davis in the morning was still reporting the same with all the usual date .All was working well this morning but now back to where I was yesterday with a R in the bottom right and then an L It has never taken this long to establish a connection. I have changed the Capacitor some time back using the instructions from Pro Data bending the legs with two pair of needle nose pliers holding the wire tight down on the cap case so it can not move and then bending the other part of the leg, if the interface between is broke/cracked the caps leak here over time ,I might be wrong but i do not think its a cap issue ,the battery is most suspect I did not see moisture when I was in the encloser when I fitted the battery.
Thank you for the help
David MM0MVX

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Wireless connection
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 12:48:10 PM »
Have you tried using DIP Switch 4 to confirm ISS is actually transmitting?

Is console for sure listening on correct channel?

Offline MM0MVX2

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 01:12:17 PM »
Thank for the reply .What is more annoying it is all working again. AHHHH, with no intervention from me or any one else.
Thanks
David
MM0MVX

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 04:47:08 PM »
3.08v for a new CR123 is not good? One would expect something like 3.15+ for a 5 years battery, once below 3v and approaching 2.9v they are dead

Offline MM0MVX2

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 04:00:59 AM »
Yes that is what I thought .There is something about the ones I bought that do no look right .I will go back to Duracell . Or if any one knows what would be a good choice that would be good
Thanks for the reply