Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 186359 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1250 on: January 25, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »
Several days ago WU resolved the issue with local PWS visibility and access via WunderMap which now appears to be working normally again.  My WebCam link on WunderMap works in all browsers except Chrome, so I can't blame WU for the WunderMap webcam link's dysfunction in Chrome.  Rather, Chrome appears to be the culprit.

I can see your Webcam in WU using Chrome on Win 10 just fine. Both in your station dashboard and Wundermap. I would recommend clearing your browser cache and temp files.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 10:16:21 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1251 on: January 25, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »
From the dashboard on the forecast page, today tab,  the satellite map is not a satellite map.  Anyone else seeing (or not seeing) this?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1252 on: January 25, 2019, 03:41:27 PM »
From the dashboard on the forecast page, today tab,  the satellite map is not a satellite map.  Anyone else seeing (or not seeing) this?

Yep. You are right. Chrome browser here on Win 10.
Tele-Pole

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1253 on: January 25, 2019, 04:48:01 PM »
I see the satellite (visible clouds) map but you have to zoom way out and the contrast between the clouds and the map is very poor.

Firefox on Win10

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #1254 on: January 25, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »
So how often does the WU member check this thread?  Have I asked my question in vain?   :-k
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1255 on: January 25, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »
I see the satellite (visible clouds) map but you have to zoom way out and the contrast between the clouds and the map is very poor.

Firefox on Win10
Yep, I see the clouds from orbit altitude but there is no satellite images of the terrain.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1256 on: January 25, 2019, 07:53:53 PM »
So how often does the WU member check this thread?  Have I asked my question in vain?   :-k

Probably a couple of times a week. If critical, scroll down to his last posting and send him a personal message.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #1257 on: January 26, 2019, 12:11:39 AM »

Firefox on Win10
Yep, I see the clouds from orbit altitude but there is no satellite images of the terrain.
From that altitude I'm not sure how useful terrain images are.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1258 on: January 26, 2019, 12:28:13 AM »

You know the section at the top of the this page that shows you who is currently viewing the same thread? Well just today I saw on of the WU employees reading the thread. And I've seen that on a number of occasions. So they may not always respond but they are reading all of this I think. Perhaps it's because they don't have a good answer or it takes too much time if they were to respond to every single request. I've noticed that when it is an issue that affects a lot of people then they finally chime in. But I'm just guessing.
Tele-Pole

Offline Starrider55

« Reply #1259 on: January 29, 2019, 09:48:41 PM »
Hi, new member here.  I have not been able to view my PWS (KCAMARIP71) for over a month now.  Wunderground personal-weather-station dashboard states: "This PWS is not reporting, Last updated: 12/26/2018, 1:50:58 PM, 34 days ago".  Hardware is AmbientWeather WS-900.  I know it is functional, because I can remotely access live weather data via Ambient Weather ObserverIP 4.3.  ANy suggestions?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline wunderground-PWS

• Contributor
« Reply #1260 on: January 30, 2019, 01:44:16 AM »
Hi StarRider Please check your PMs.  You are one of the unlucky 155 weather stations that have a glitch that is causing your data to get sent to the wrong place.   I'd really like to get this bug figured out.  If you could bear with us for a few days, and give us a hand, we'll get this sorted

Hi, new member here.  I have not been able to view my PWS (KCAMARIP71) for over a month now.  Wunderground personal-weather-station dashboard states: "This PWS is not reporting, Last updated: 12/26/2018, 1:50:58 PM, 34 days ago".  Hardware is AmbientWeather WS-900.  I know it is functional, because I can remotely access live weather data via Ambient Weather ObserverIP 4.3.  ANy suggestions?  Thank you in advance for your help.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1261 on: January 30, 2019, 09:39:16 AM »
Looks like the WUFixers have begun addressing the issue with Favorites. Mine have disappeared (both the good ones on the dashboard and the mangled ones on the favorites maintenance window) and have been replaced by their default cities. Is this issue being addressed for real or is it just another weather anomaly?
[Update] - one day later. Nope, back to abnormal, still WUFUBAR.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:34:58 AM by rormeister »

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1262 on: January 30, 2019, 10:44:08 AM »
Looks like the WUFixers have begun addressing the issue with Favorites. Mine have disappeared (both the good ones on the dashboard and the mangled ones on the favorites maintenance window) and have been replaced by their default cities. Is this issue being addressed for real or is it just another weather anomaly?
Not on mine.  No changes.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1263 on: January 30, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »

My Favorites was not reset. I still had just the two favorite cities I've always had. I was never previously able to completely remove them all. I never use the Favorites because I never liked that Favorites were cities rather than specific stations. So I could never make my station a Favorite. Kind of crazy and counter intuitive that on the mobile app you can have Favorites that do link up to a specific station. There should be some consistency between the mobile app and the web version.

But as of today I just tried and I was able to for the first time easily delete every single Favorite using the website. Now if they could just make it so that Favorites links to a specific station that would be great.

Tele-Pole

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1264 on: January 30, 2019, 10:47:22 AM »
How do I get rid of "Recent Cities" in the Favorites on the dashboard.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1265 on: January 30, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »

Click on a Favorite city and let it load up, and then click on the big yellow star next to the city name to make the star turn gray. That makes it stop being a Favorite.

EDIT: oh wait ...you said Recent. Not Favorite.  Sorry don't know. My recent cites are all gone. I don't know how. Maybe because I never use Favorites maybe they drop off automatically after some time. I do remember some time ago seeing Recent cities.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:56:22 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #1266 on: January 30, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »

Click on a Favorite city and let it load up, and then click on the big yellow star next to the city name to make the star turn gray. That makes it stop being a Favorite.

EDIT: oh wait ...you said Recent. Not Favorite.  Sorry don't know. My recent cites are all gone. I don't know how. Maybe because I never use Favorites maybe they drop off automatically after some time. I do remember some time ago seeing Recent cities.
It's been there for at least 1 year.  No way to delete.

Offline rpegg

« Reply #1267 on: February 01, 2019, 11:07:58 AM »
Issue is broken link to any WU wiki especially for Webcam installation help.    The WU Troubleshooting section related to adding a webcam points to three wiki links but are not functional.

Recently installed a PWS and webcam and spent a decent amount of time trying to get the webcam to work with WU.   Finally got everything functioning through trial and error but have been unable to figure out how to change my webcam displayed name to anything other than the automatically generated WU cam ID.   Was hoping that additional information would be provided in the WunderCam Wiki link (http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/WunderCams).

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1268 on: February 01, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
Issue is broken link to any WU wiki especially for Webcam installation help.    The WU Troubleshooting section related to adding a webcam points to three wiki links but are not functional.

Recently installed a PWS and webcam and spent a decent amount of time trying to get the webcam to work with WU.   Finally got everything functioning through trial and error but have been unable to figure out how to change my webcam displayed name to anything other than the automatically generated WU cam ID.   Was hoping that additional information would be provided in the WunderCam Wiki link (http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/WunderCams).

You can't rename the camera ID. The ID used is just your username with an incremental number that is automatically assigned. It is pointless to need to rename the ID anyway. Nobody sees that ID name but you. What other people see if the Neighborhood name of the camera. So just add whatever you want to call the camera into its individual Neighborhood name.
Tele-Pole

Offline rpegg

« Reply #1269 on: February 01, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
OK thanks.   Explaining my steps, if I log out of WU, I'm just a random guest.   I went to the WU WunderMap and manually found my camera as an ICON on the map.  When I select the ICON it shows the automatic ID generated.   Remember I am still logged out and just a guest so everyone should be seeing what I see.   I logged back in and checked what was entered for the neighborhood and it is not that ID but the description I wanted.    Guessing I just don't understand but it's not worth beating my head against the wall.   Anyway, for this topic the issue was that the wiki links are broken in WU webpages.   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:19:04 PM by rpegg »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1270 on: February 01, 2019, 02:00:19 PM »
OK thanks.   Explaining my steps, if I log out of WU, I'm just a random guest.   I went to the WU WunderMap and manually found my camera as an ICON on the map.  When I select the ICON it shows the automatic ID generated.   Remember I am still logged out and just a guest so everyone should be seeing what I see.   I logged back in and checked what was entered for the neighborhood and it is not that ID but the description I wanted.    Guessing I just don't understand but it's not worth beating my head against the wall.   Anyway, for this topic the issue was that the wiki links are broken in WU webpages. 

WU_534531's is not a camera ID. that is the login ID that was used to create your Weather Underground account. As such all your cameras will be associated to your login ID. You may have gone through some automated weather software program process to create your WU login ID and that is why you are seeing WU_53431 as your login ID as it may have been done automatically through that process. I created my WU credentials manually on WU website. As such currently there is no way to change your login ID.

Here is my WU camera on the map showing my WU login ID not camera ID.

Once you click on the user ID then you can see all of the other cameras that that user has. Notice the names of the cameras are still not the camera ID, they are showing up listed with the Neighborhood name for each camera.

You don't have to use the Neighborhood name to be a real neighborhood. You could use that field to give the camera a name. Some people use things like direction (Facing South), or they use the name of what you are seeing like Lake Cam...etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 02:04:26 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline rpegg

« Reply #1271 on: February 01, 2019, 06:06:58 PM »
Thanks.   Don't think I'm going to figure out where that login came from.   I have always logged in to WU using my email and password.   14+ years.   Same login I used when I set up my PWS at the first of this year.      It was only after I registered the cam directly with WU that I first saw that strange ID.   Guess my only recourse would be to completely wipe everything with WU and start over.    Not sure it's worth it but I hate being licked.

Offline etaggart

« Reply #1272 on: February 02, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »
I've been having a problem recently with Wunderground.  Not exactly sure when it started but it's been over a week now.   My station is KMESCARB7 and is reporting data fine to Wunderground.  There are no QA issues reported at CWOP but my station stopped showing up on the Wunderground map.    I tried stopping my weather software from updating Wunderground to see if stopping and letting wunderground report that my station was offline and then start back up reporting again would cause my station to re-appear.  However, even after stopping my reports to Wunderground the status of my station still says that it's reported in the past XX seconds??   Something is seriously wrong with Wunderground.   I've changed my password and confirmed that there are no updates from my station to Wunderground yet the station reported counter keeps updating. 

If I go to about this station and download the current observations it stopped exactly when I turned my weather software off.   Trying to reach anyone at Wunderground through their website is useless.  The form doesn't even work if you choose wunderground as the method that you are getting your weather information.  It just errors out.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:36:44 PM by etaggart »

Offline OldAlaskaGuy

• Alaska, The Last American Frontier
  • Forecaster
  • Living in the "Last American Frontier"
« Reply #1273 on: February 02, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »
Eric, you are not alone. A simple search on this thread will show that many are having the same or similar issues as you. Take a minute and read previous posts on this issue.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1274 on: February 02, 2019, 08:07:40 PM »
I've been having a problem recently with Wunderground......

I've seen WU do that weird thing you've mentioned about the Last Updated and the timer seems to be counting as if some data recently came in. I'd say ignore it. There hasn't been any data since 6:05PM EST. (2 hours ago.) Your station is not visible but stopping won't help. It was a good test to see if you had a second software simultaneously uploading which some people do inadvertently. Since this confirms that there is no secondary software uploading, I think you should resume uploading with WeeWx. Probably restart your WeeWx system for good measure first. Be patiient and give it 5 to 6 days of continuous reporting. Set your rapidfire upload to no more than every 10 seconds. Let's see what happens.

UPDATE: After 3 hours it now shows the red triangle and the notice that the station is not reporting. It no longer does the funky Last Reported timer mess up.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:28:42 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

anything