Weather Related Organizations > noaaweatherradio.org

NOAA WEATHER RADIO

(1/235) > >>

Cutty Sark Sailor:
With the demise of Wunderground Radio Streams...
NOAA Weather Radio.Org
A project of the PWS community and many gracious friends
History:  http://noaaweatherradio.org/about/
US National Hurricane Center Tropical Weather Outlook
Active during storm season June 1 - November 30.

03/27/2017: US Dept of Commerce, NOAA, NWS officially approves and authorizes
 the use of the NOAA All Hazards Weather Radio trademark/logo  for Noaa Weather Radio ORG.

... and from NOAA.GOV email May 1, 2017...in part:
"It certainly fills a need left by Weather Underground. Thank you for your efforts to provide streaming weather information and weather awareness. 
We do appreciate your attention to NWR."
03/23/2017: Contact Form
Submit or update a stream, comment, complain, etc
03/22/2017:
LIVE MAP—U.S. Hazards with Streams.
Page is still developing. Using Selected Streams, See main page for All

Follow this thread as we continue to develop this project
Mike

tim273:
So weather underground was using Icecast, and we would connect to it using something like Edcast or whatever.  So I'm guessing you don't have an Icecast server, so I would need to create my own Icecast server to do this then correct?

ke7nwl:
Cutty Sark Sailor this looks great!

--- Quote from: tim273 on February 10, 2017, 12:13:20 PM ---So weather underground was using Icecast, and we would connect to it using something like Edcast or whatever.  So I'm guessing you don't have an Icecast server, so I would need to create my own Icecast server to do this then correct?

--- End quote ---

You've got options. Cutty Sark Sailor is recommending Broadwave software instead of Icecast. I'm an Open Source Software enthusiast, so I'm using Icecast. (I'm streaming the Spokane station)

Cutty Sark Sailor:
Yes, there's no 'media' server... other than yours locally... the simple player just links directly to your stream.  All we need is the audio stream link.
... not that much different that what you'd do on your own site except this is a multiplayer... In effect, folks stream to WU,
and they stream back to them, if you're embedding their player... duh... but you already had the stream available, just sort of 'duplicating' bandwidth...
... there are many ways to generate the stream...

chappelledpc:
Hello,

I've been successful in getting a stream up on a Raspberry Pi using Darkice and Icecast2. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version