Author Topic: Edit Data in Weather link  (Read 384 times)

Offline gw73

Edit Data in Weather link
« on: January 12, 2024, 10:07:47 AM »
 If I am in the wrong forum please let me know. After 10 years with a Vantage Vue and Weatherlink 6.03 software, I bought a new Vantage Pro II with the weather link console. Much to my chagrin I learned you cannot edit my data either on the console or the weatherlink.com website.. I would like to record the moisture I get from snow, plus occasional other screwup. I would like to know if there is any way to connect my data to another type of software where I could edit my data, plus connect to weather underground. Or can I connect my weatherlink software to my console?
Another problem is there any way to transfer my years of old data from Weather link to somewhere else.

Thanks

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Edit Data in Weather link
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 10:50:41 AM »
Hi,
I would like to know if there is any way to connect my data to another type of software where I could edit my data, plus connect to weather underground.

Yes, CumulusMX can do that  https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/
A couple of approaches... use the previous console and datalogger in a similar way as you did with WeatherlinkPC, or use the weatherlink.com site where your new console is uploading as data source.
Data files and records can be edited.
Can upload to Weather Underground and many more weather services.

Or can I connect my weatherlink software to my console?
No, but you can use your previous console/datalogger and WeatherlinkPC with the new VP2 ISS
Another problem is there any way to transfer my years of old data from Weather link to somewhere else.

There is a utility to convert existing WeatherlinkPC data to Cumulus data.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline gw73

Re: Edit Data in Weather link
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 12:17:12 PM »
Thank you for the answer I will check it out.

anything