Author Topic: Hourly rain vs Rain rate  (Read 10520 times)

Offline sam2004gp

• Mount Crawford, Virginia
  • Forecaster
  • Weeeeeeeee!!!!
    • Mount Crawford Weather, VA
Re: Hourly rain vs Rain rate
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
As of V14.00p49 it has been changed back to the old method.

Ed and I discussed it for awhile and then he finally emailed me to let me know that there would be a change, back then.  Still Ver 14 has some issues I care not fiddle with yet, so I have never leaped.  Perhaps I will back up my WX computer one day and try it just for the fun or frustration.

Do you have any concerns with Ver 14, since I see you are running it?
SAM --->>> http://www.mountcrawfordweather.org
OS WMR-968 with a Dedicated PWS Weather Computer running VWS v13.01 p09

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: Hourly rain vs Rain rate
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 12:13:38 AM »
...Do you have any concerns with Ver 14, since I see you are running it?

No concerns or on going problems for what I'm using it for which is predominately feeding the front page on my website, Weatherunderground, Weatherforyou, Weatherbug, Awekas, and Image Salsa for my signature banner.  The V14's have been more stable for me then any of the V12's or V13's.  This has been on the same old computer all along but I have added memory and updated to WinXP from Win98SE during that time as well.  I think moving to XP was the biggest cause of improvement during that time in stability of the whole computer software and all.

If there was anything I could grumble about it would be like all software.  The newer the version, the less it like to run on an old slow machine.  By that I don't mean stability but rather just the delay in startup and performing different functions.  I have found though while making setting adjustments to VWS it works best to set the CPU usage up to at least medium temporarily.  It cuts down on the time you have to wait for the processor to crunch the data and repopulate the screen data or for the changes to take effect.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:16:05 AM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

anything