Author Topic: Story about Sever Thunderstorm that hit my zipcode (2011)  (Read 1096 times)

Offline GameBreaker64

Story about Sever Thunderstorm that hit my zipcode (2011)
« on: June 24, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
I remember it quite well. It wasn't all that rare in Wisconsin to be in the middle of an SVR back in 2011. I was 5 then and it started raining like usual. I was playing video games on the PS2 with my brother upstairs and eventually the storm got quite strong. My brother and I were advised by our parents to go downstairs with them due to the hazardous conditions of the SVR. So, we went down and started playing a similar game on the Xbox 360 we have. We didn't play for long though because our parents switched to the weather channel for updates. Eventually the storm calmed a bit and we went back upstairs. Then our Reecom R-1630 went off with a Severe Thunderstorm Warning while my brother and I were in the middle of a level and we had to go downstairs again. This went on for a while. On a different day, the power went out and we went downstairs late into the night, attempting to watch "The Pirates Who Don't do Anything" with our TV powering off over and over again, and the radio kept going off. It was quite the experience, and although it was scary and confusing then, I look back fondly on it as a significant moment of my childhood.