Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

Temperature data not working

(1/1)

chris-s1:
My temperature data has stopped working on my hp2550. I have 're booted the console however due to weather I can't access my roof to have a look at the station. Can you reboot the station?

I have attached 2 images for Terrance

MatsJ:
No remote reboot as far as I can see in the manual of a HP2550 console with a WH65 7-in-1 sensor array; the Y-shaped version. The console can be "Reset" with a bent paperclip through a hole in the side under the "Power jack", as can the sensor array through a hole on the underside of the wing holding the "Wind speed cups". I assume the I-shaped WS69E sensor array has something similar.   [Sorry about not being able to perform paragraph breaks in this post]  A strange thing with your situation is that 'half' of the sensors are working - Wind and Rain - while Temp/Hum and Solar info are dashed out... (Sunrise/Sunset are not correct for Scotland so I presume the Longitude/Latitude position was erased with your console reboot). No battery warning and full data packet receptions. A strange situation which other more experienced persons on this board perhaps could shed some light on.

chris-s1:
having now been able to recover the unit from the roof the 3 year old batteries were at fault

Gyvate:

--- Quote from: MatsJ on January 06, 2023, 08:56:06 AM ---No remote reboot as far as I can see in the manual of a HP2550 console with a WH65 7-in-1 sensor array; the Y-shaped version. The console can be "Reset" with a bent paperclip through a hole in the side under the "Power jack", as can the sensor array through a hole on the underside of the wing holding the "Wind speed cups". I assume the I-shaped WS69E sensor array has something similar.   [Sorry about not being able to perform paragraph breaks in this post]  A strange thing with your situation is that 'half' of the sensors are working - Wind and Rain - while Temp/Hum and Solar info are dashed out... (Sunrise/Sunset are not correct for Scotland so I presume the Longitude/Latitude position was erased with your console reboot). No battery warning and full data packet receptions. A strange situation which other more experienced persons on this board perhaps could shed some light on.

--- End quote ---
- a need for resetting the console (apart from power-cycle) arises very rarely. Usually such issues are with the sensors / sensor array. WS69 and WH65 work the same way regarding (soft) reset.
- good to exchange the batteries every 2 years (even though they may hold longer) - normally the solar panel charges the supercapacitor enough and no batteries are needed (except for initial start-up)
- if you do factory reset with the console, some data may get lost
- full data package reception display does not say anything about the content of the data package - only that it's a valid one - no data from a sensor of the array is also valid data;
  it only says that the array transmitter sends console readable data and that it is received by the console
- it is not clear from your post if after the battery exchange the T/RH sensors are reporting again again or not ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version