Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Acurite 5-in-1 signal loss/Shifting RF Channels

(1/3) > >>

karss:
I have an Acurite 5-in-1 that is 6 years old, with regular maintenance it has been doing okay.  Off-late, I observe that the display unit is loosing its communication with the outdoor sensor quite often. From 100% signal strength it will go down to 0% all of a sudden, the funny thing is that if you change the RF channel mode on the display unit the signal strength is regained.
My 5-in-1 outdoor sensor communicates using the RF Channel-C, so I have set my display unit also to the RF Channel-C, when I have signal loss issues, if I change the display unit RF channel to Channel A or Channel B, the signal is regained fully. Sometimes, Channel B works and sometimes Channel A works, this too only for a short duration of time after which the display unit again loses signal. Now if I revert back to Channel C the signal is regained.
Seems like a hardware issue. Your thoughts in this regard would be appreciated.
Thanks

DoctorKnow:
Mine did the same thing. I ended up junking it and getting a Tycon Power TP 3000WC. I believe the problem was the oscillator on the 5in1 board.

vreihen:
My last 5-in-1 would randomly change what I thought was a hard-coded sensor address every few months, making me have to go into the WeeWX config file and re-write the SDR sensor_map table to use the new address once I sniffed it out.  I gave up on AcuRite after a year of this frustration.....

Jim Ace:
I have access and a display; they both take turns dropping Wi-Fi signals, this has been an ongoing problem for the last 10 years.  This is why I went with Ecowitt, Acurite products are not reliable, and they know it.   Just saying....

DoctorKnow:
The Atlas sensor hardware is really durable. I have had one going for years and it keeps on going. I just don't like how they have the system locked down to Wunderground. There is no windows solution 3rd party software to get data to anyone else. Ecowitt lets you do what you want. There are several ways.
It seems like there should be a way to read data from the IP address of the access or a wifi display?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version