Weather Station Hardware > LaCrosse Technologies/Hyundai

La Crosse WS2800 it's rainsensor TX-57-IT fails

(1/2) > >>

hiljo:
Hello everyone,

I'm a frequent Ecowitt/Fine Offset user normally. But years ago I started with a La Crosse WS2800 weather station. With this there came a rain sensor (TX-57-IT). In the years having this operational, 3 rain sensors stopped working. I replaced them one by one.
The weather station is still functional. The wind and temperature sensor are still operational, but the last rain sensor has stopped now. I have a feeling that this is a frequent problem.

Does anyone know what the main frequent problems are with this rain sensor? I know it has a reed sensor, but also a small magnet which could fail. Also the transmitter could fail of course. But how can I find out which component fails?

Thanks for your help and ideas. Hopefully I can get the station fully working again  ;)

davidefa:
Try short-circuiting the reed with a wire ( an alligator clip could be handy ) a few times, if the receiver records a few 'clicks of rain' the transmitter is ok.
In this case suspect n. 1 is the reed.

P.S.
No need to say check also the tipping mechanism is ok

hiljo:
Thanks for your quick reply! Currently the rain sensor doesn't show data on the display. It only shows dashes ----

Are a few clicks of rain necessary for activating the sensor sending data to the console? Or does this mean that the transmission is already broken?

CamarilloWX:

--- Quote from: hiljolodewijk on July 31, 2022, 03:00:15 PM ---Currently the rain sensor doesn't show data on the display. It only shows dashes ----

Are a few clicks of rain necessary for activating the sensor sending data to the console? Or does this mean that the transmission is already broken?

--- End quote ---

If you don't have a manual for this station I suggest you search for one, it looks like it's still available online.  I used to have a Lacrosse WS-2810U-IT many years ago and I still happen to have the manual for it, it's not the same station but it looks like it's close.  From the WS-2810U-IT Manual:

"Setup troubleshooting: If the sensor data fails to display for any of the outdoor sensors
within 10 minutes, (“- - -“ is displayed), remove the batteries from all units for 1 minute
and start the Setup procedure again at Step 1"

davidefa:

--- Quote from: hiljolodewijk on July 31, 2022, 03:00:15 PM ---Thanks for your quick reply! Currently the rain sensor doesn't show data on the display. It only shows dashes ----

--- End quote ---

I don't know, but the dashes are not a good sign ( I had a lacrosse too, that showed dashes in the wind reading when the outdoor sensor was not received )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version