Author Topic: NexStorm lightning detection software...ranging/segmented ranging help?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline GeorgeDunham

Not sure where to post this..I'm new to the forum.  I've been using Boltec 350 and NexStorm for 5 years now.  I have had ranging dialed in to varying degrees and various times.  I would like to approach it more systematically from now on.  I am also just starting to work with the segmented ranging calibration.  I have seen that the segmented ranging calibration can be anticipated with topology.  Is this true and how would I adjust based on local topology?  I am 15 miles into the front range of the rockies.  I am surrounded by hills and some reach 20-30 degrees above the horizon.  Twenty miles to my west running from north to south are the Rockies (continental divide).    Can I make adjustments to my segmented ranging just based on where my highest local peaks are?  Or is based entirely on adjusting from lightning strike detections?

If there is a better group to ask this question, please let me know.
thanks

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: NexStorm lightning detection software...ranging/segmented ranging help?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:40:09 PM »
There is a Boltek specific area on WxForum: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=55.0
It might be a good idea to move your question to that area.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF