Author Topic: Davis WeatherLink IP data logger prob.  (Read 1251 times)

Offline alexeysailman

• MORSKAYA10 WEATHER STATION
Davis WeatherLink IP data logger prob.
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:48:47 AM »
Hi. I using the web interface weatherlink IP logger changed the dynamic IP to static. Now what I wouldn't do: changed settings of a router, tried (having changed IP of the computer on static) to be connected to a logger directly - it is useless. Logger's nowhere to be seen. Maybe there is some way of resetting the logger to factory (where the dynamic IP is the default)? Thanks.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Davis WeatherLink IP data logger prob.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:06:18 AM »
The logger has to connect to your router, not another computer on the network.

So do you mean you fixed the IP address of the logger then changed the settings of the router?? If so that's not a good thing to have done.

If the logger and router are both still on the same Gateway etc then using WeatherLink may "find" the logger based on the MAC and return you the static IP?

Offline alexeysailman

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:23:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Router settings I have not changed ( the default setting is dynamic IP from my ISP). The logger's plugged into the router. I used a program like "Advanced IP Scanner"and" Weatherlink Network Information Utility v1_0". Logger's nowhere to be seen. Maybe there is a way to reset the logger settings through the console?

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:43:16 AM »
Sorry, no way to reset the logger's IP address other than via the web interface - always best to leave it on dynamic IP.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:05:31 AM »
Hi. I using the web interface weatherlink IP logger changed the dynamic IP to static.
The big question:  What is the internal  LAN address of your router and of your PC and is the WLIP in the same address range as the other devices.
Now what I wouldn't do: changed settings of a router, tried (having changed IP of the computer on static)
All addresses of your LAN should be in same range. Normally the first 3 groups of numbers.
You set your WLP to 192.168.15.240 with a router/DNS server/gateway of 192.168.15.1
Only a PC with an address of 192.168.15.xyz can now detect your WLIP.
So check the address of your PC. You mention that that address is static also, but it should be in the same range. 
If the IP of your PC is not in  the range from 192.168.15.2 to 192.168.15.254  then you should change the PC address to 192.168.15.2
to be connected to a logger directly - it is useless. Logger's nowhere to be seen. Maybe there is some way of resetting the logger to factory (where the dynamic IP is the default)? Thanks.
When your WLIP and your PC both have an address  that start with 192.168.15   AND with a different last part, you can open your browser.
Enter 192.168.15.240 and the yellow WLIP box should open.
Set the WLIP to DHCP again.
And set your PC back to DHCP after that.

Wim

P.S. I assume your WLIP is non-functional due to an out-of-range IP address.
Or is your weatherlink.com data still updated?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:09:41 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline alexeysailman

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 02:05:17 PM »
On the advice of a respected Wvdkuil I changed the IP address of my computer to static (as in the picture "pic 2"). After that, a program called "Advanced IP Scanner" showed the active address 192.168.1.78 (which I set as static).  I entered this address through my browser. A miracle!  The yellow page of the web interface loaded and I was able to change my IP to dynamic. Thanks to all who responded! In particular the venerable Wvdkuil!

anything