Author Topic: CWOP/APRS upload problem  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Jim18655

• Contributor
CWOP/APRS upload problem
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:14:25 AM »
CWOP recommends using the "rotate.aprs.net" or "rotatewx.aprs2" servers for ham operator uploads. When I those servers from WL5.8.1 no data shows in the "weather conditions" page for my call. When I use the "cwop. aprs.net" server the page is updated. . I've also tried both ports (23 and 14580) without any luck. The log file shows the APRS file as being sent.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Offline tinplate

• Forecaster
    • http://www.softwx.com/products.html
Re: CWOP/APRS upload problem
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:13:59 AM »
The aprs servers for hams now require passcodes. I don't remember if WeatherLink has a place for you to enter your passcode.

You only need to use the aprs servers if you want your weather data incorporated  into the aprs data stream. If you just want your data to go to CWOP, you can just use the CWOP rotation servers, which don't require a  passcode. If you do want to use the aprs servers, you'll have to obtain your passcode, and use a weather program that allows you to specify it.

Steve
SoftWx

Offline Jim18655

• Contributor
Re: CWOP/APRS upload problem
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »
Thanks.
The web site wasn't too clear on the set-up procedure, it just said to put a -1 in the pass code box if you didn't want to broadcast your info over the packet network.

anything