Author Topic: One thing about New Mexico...  (Read 204753 times)

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: One thing about New Mexico...
« Reply #800 on: November 05, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
Right now it's 45*F...I have a feeling we might hit 52*F before the blast of cold air sinks in...
Weather in Rio Rancho, New Mexico:

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #801 on: November 05, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
38MPH blast with 0.01" of rain at 9:30 this morning. Still blowing pretty good with 56 degrees. My low today was at 10:30A with 52.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #802 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
We hit 58*F...the winds here died some around this afternoon...after that the clouds started moving in again after they blew away this morning...NWS dropped our snow chance from 30% to 10% for Monday night, and warmed up our low from 24*F to 27*F. If you ask me, I think we'll bottom out around 28*F for Monday night...with few snow showers...

But hey mother nature can always prove anyone wrong! :)

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #803 on: November 06, 2011, 12:53:07 AM »
You're talking 20s already? Yikes! Is that sooner than usual for up there?

Today's high was 63.7 at 1:03AM.

I feel a bit cheated this year. I spent all the great temps here back east where it rained everywhere I went.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #804 on: November 06, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »
Daggone! Your sticker says 21F Chris! :shock:
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #805 on: November 06, 2011, 07:48:05 PM »
The weird thing is, my weather station recorded 28*F as the low last night...I wonder if that's because it's under the porch eave up against the house....

But my iPod touch said the weather was 21*F. Hmm.

Snow tomorrow night!!!

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #806 on: November 06, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
You're talking 20s already? Yikes! Is that sooner than usual for up there?

Today's high was 63.7 at 1:03AM.

I feel a bit cheated this year. I spent all the great temps here back east where it rained everywhere I went.

Wait. WHAT???

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #807 on: November 06, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »
We had a shot of severe storms wednesday, but our chances are diminishing :sad:
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #808 on: November 06, 2011, 11:08:57 PM »

Repeat of 2010-2011 winter, starting in 3...2...1...

#-o

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #809 on: November 07, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
I agree.

I think I read somewhere that our La Nina weather should be common over the next 20-30 years as it goes into that cycle now.

The "milder and dryer" part is OK by me. It's that "sudden deep-freeze snaps" part I don't like.

I'm sure El Paso Electric is gearing up for another complete failure in the competency department so the CEO can get another bonus and millions in stock options next Spring.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #810 on: November 07, 2011, 05:22:13 PM »
Last year was a GREAT winter season: Not a huge snowstorm that dumps a foot or more, but 5 or 6 snows that dump 4-6 inches...Thats my kind of snow....Enough to sled all winter!! 8-)
Joe Fitzwater

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #811 on: November 08, 2011, 12:27:36 PM »

Repeat of 2010-2011 winter, starting in 3...2...1...

#-o

I agree, temps and precip are tracking almost identical to the 2010-2011 winter at my site, and the ENSO index is continuing to plunge.  For my location, La Nina tends to mean COLD and WET.  I like both.

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #812 on: November 08, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
I agree.

I think I read somewhere that our La Nina weather should be common over the next 20-30 years as it goes into that cycle now.

The "milder and dryer" part is OK by me. It's that "sudden deep-freeze snaps" part I don't like.

I'm sure El Paso Electric is gearing up for another complete failure in the competency department so the CEO can get another bonus and millions in stock options next Spring.

I want more snow. I love snow. I love winter. But the deep freezes I can do without.

I'm sure NMGC (New Mexico Gas Co.) is gearing up for another gas delivery failure. I know that the gas company in the Texas panhandle had multiple failures last year (it was the cause of my temporary moving out of the dorms due to heating issues).

Good news is, I should be able to fully enjoy this winter without worrying about me getting as sick as I did last year. :D

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #813 on: November 08, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Last year was a GREAT winter season: Not a huge snowstorm that dumps a foot or more, but 5 or 6 snows that dump 4-6 inches...Thats my kind of snow....Enough to sled all winter!! 8-)

Yus but you live in an area of the US that sees more snow while we remain deeply froze when La Nina is kicking our tails.  :lol:

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #814 on: November 08, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »
I wouldnt say that...Since I have been in school we have only had 2 really good snow years and one halfway decent one...The others have been virtually nothing
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #815 on: November 08, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
I wouldnt say that...Since I have been in school we have only had 2 really good snow years and one halfway decent one...The others have been virtually nothing

Hmmmmmmm...  :-k

Well...that's the one thing I can't figure out...normally I would've expect the east coast to see more snow annually than the southwestern desert.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #816 on: November 08, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
The east side of the Apps get a pretty decent rain shadow, they get 60% the rain we get here...Im in Clay County (You can look it up for my position), for some reason it seems when a big storm hits, we always get hit with the warm sector and we get rain and sleet. That didnt happen last year, we got snow most every time and it was awesome! Lake effect is probbaly ou rbest snow producer 8-)
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #817 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:01 PM »
Looks like we're going into our 32 or below mode for a little while. 31.1 this morning and another sub 32 forecast for today. Mid-50s for the highs but should get back to the mid-60s later in the week.

Guess I should wrap up the swamper this weekend. I did put the damper in the roof jack last nite with the cold winds (Advisory issued) blowing right into the intake. Naturally, after I put it in, the wind stopped... Fired up the heater on a test run today so I'll get by if it drops too low the next two overnites.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #818 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
Looks like we're going into our 32 or below mode for a little while. 31.1 this morning and another sub 32 forecast for today. Mid-50s for the highs but should get back to the mid-60s later in the week.

Guess I should wrap up the swamper this weekend. I did put the damper in the roof jack last nite with the cold winds (Advisory issued) blowing right into the intake. Naturally, after I put it in, the wind stopped... Fired up the heater on a test run today so I'll get by if it drops too low the next two overnites.

You're saying 31.1 isn't too low yet? The joints in my fingers hurt just from reading your post! (blue smiley with icicles hanging from nose here).

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #819 on: November 09, 2011, 05:28:17 AM »
....and what's the lowest temp uve seen Dan? Like 60F!?  :lol:  Weve gotten down to 29F in the capital city but mid 20s up here so far.
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #820 on: November 09, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »

You're saying 31.1 isn't too low yet? The joints in my fingers hurt just from reading your post! (blue smiley with icicles hanging from nose here).

Not yet, Dan. It's still just touching it in the pre-dawn for the most part. If it gets up to upper-50s or more, it's all good. My south facing sun-room is still pushing high 80s during the day so between the two, I stay comfortable. Admittedly, I do like it a bit cool during sleep time but it's getting close. I am late in wrapping the swamper but it isn't "hurting me" yet. Guess I'll do it in a few days when it gets back to close to 70  :lol:

And why don't we have a weather related smiley set?

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #821 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:10 PM »

Not yet, Dan. It's still just touching it in the pre-dawn for the most part. If it gets up to upper-50s or more, it's all good. My south facing sun-room is still pushing high 80s during the day so between the two, I stay comfortable. Admittedly, I do like it a bit cool during sleep time but it's getting close. I am late in wrapping the swamper but it isn't "hurting me" yet. Guess I'll do it in a few days when it gets back to close to 70  :lol:

And why don't we have a weather related smiley set?

There, now maybe one of our administrators will NOTICE your great question!!  =D>
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #822 on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:32 PM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:50:07 PM by DanS »

Offline Chris H.

• Rio Rancho's Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #823 on: November 10, 2011, 02:50:29 AM »

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #824 on: November 11, 2011, 12:15:49 AM »
OK Dan - NOW it's approaching "officially cold" for me. 29.8 at 7AM... but I still walked over the border at 4:30PM (56 degrees) in shorts.   :mrgreen:

<<--- I like that guy! Those are pretty cool Smileys! Thanks Dan!

anything