Author Topic: Do I Lose Min/Max data on Vantage PRO2 Consol w/ firmware update?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline thalderman

• Luiseno Elementary School Weather Station
Do I Lose Min/Max data on Vantage PRO2 Consol w/ firmware update?
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:00:19 AM »
I updated the firmware on my Vantage Pro2 console to 1.82. It said I needed to do a console restart when I was done ... I think that means take the batteries out and unplug for 15 minutes ... then put back together. I don't want to lose the settings and yearly weather data in the console if I can help it. Will I lose everything? Including Lat/Long data, elevation, etc.?
Tom Halderman

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
Re: Do I Lose Min/Max data on Vantage PRO2 Consol w/ firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »
I did not have to reset anything.

Make copies just in case

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline d_l

• Forecaster
  • Slide Mtn - Mt Rose
    • Thomas Creek Estates neighborhood weather
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:10:13 AM »
Is this through a Direct PC install or through an Updater?  I don't recall losing any settings, except possibly the yearly rainfall amount which can be restored through Weatherlink, when doing an upgrade via the Direct PC install method.  I also don't recall having to pull the power from the console to reset it either.

It would be a good idea to copy down your location, elevation, and other data as chief-david suggested, but I don't think it will be needed.
--Dave--

Wireless VP2 w/ solar, 24hr FARS, Heater, (Envoy-WLIP)*3-Meteohub, plus custom VP2 @ 26', WL 6.0.4, WU & W4U=KNVRENO37 NetcamXL

People always talk about the weather, but they never do anything about it.  Not me.  I'm gonna measure it.  https://www.tceweather.com

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »
I updated the firmware on my Vantage Pro2 console to 1.82. It said I needed to do a console restart when I was done ... I think that means take the batteries out and unplug for 15 minutes ... then put back together. I don't want to lose the settings and yearly weather data in the console if I can help it. Will I lose everything? Including Lat/Long data, elevation, etc.?

...and that's not what a console restart means, either.  You don't need to remove the power and batteries.

Offline thalderman

• Luiseno Elementary School Weather Station
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:44:45 AM »
I used a direct PC install. It looks like all went well and WeatherLink returns the correct Firmware version number ... it was just that statement at the end of the Direct PC install that worried me ... said something like Repower or Restart the console.
Tom Halderman

anything