Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 150955 times)

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.06
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2011, 09:34:08 AM »
I have the rain icon also.  First time I've seen it.

Ok, I think I know maybe what is happening.  Are you just hitting refresh from a time when it was warmer?  For example, was it 34 when the page was last refreshed, the page was then left paused for a long time and when you hit refresh the temperature was below 33F?

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
Ok, it's just not me then.  Scott, I have installed Firefox on here also for checking and it still shows the same.  I have also refreshed the cache's with the same results.  I have also checked to make sure that PHP V5 was in place and it was. One thing I will put out there to see if there is anything that is common between the two of us is that I host my site thru Godaddy.

Steve
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »
Ok, it's just not me then.  Scott, I have installed Firefox on here also for checking and it still shows the same.  I have also refreshed the cache's with the same results.  I have also checked to make sure that PHP V5 was in place and it was. One thing I will put out there to see if there is anything that is common between the two of us is that I host my site thru Godaddy.

Steve

I doubt it could be that but nothing seems to make any sense.  If the correct temperature is showing, its just a simple calculation that causes the image to show one or the other... if temp > 33 then show rain, if not, then snow!  I just don't get it!  I'm going to try making a change to the code and see if that helps.

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2011, 11:15:48 AM »

Steve

One more thing to look at, when it is showing wrong, in the rain section does it say Snow Melt or Rain?

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
Ok, anyone that wants to help with the image problem for the rain/snow image....

If you add the line beginning with <br/> to the end of the section around line 504 that is putting out the rain or snow measurement as shown below:  Put the same <br/>... line at the end of the snowtoday and dayrain sections there.  It will then display what the code things is the temp and Freezing values so we can see if somehow those are getting screwed up somehow. 

Code: [Select]
                          <?php printf"%8.2f",$snowtoday); echo $uomRain?></span>
                          <br/><?php echo $temperature " " $Freezing?>

Scott

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
Scott,
I just tried that. Is it correct? http://cvweather.org/index.php
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Scott,

Yes, that should tell us now what it was reading when it errors.  If you can catch a screen shot of it when it displays wrong or just look at those two values.

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2011, 01:42:54 PM »
Scott,

I think I may know what is causing the issue too... is everyone that is having the problem have the setting for WD set to include the unit of measure?  I notice yours shows the degree F and mine does not.  That may be the key.

Scott

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »
Ok, anyone that wants to help with the image problem for the rain/snow image....

Sorry Scott unable to help with troubleshooting this as I'm in what is suppose to be in warm FL (only going to be in the low 60's today)  :-)

I noticed on your site a -25 degrees yesterday.  I guess that's why you have been coding so much recently  :lol:

Thanks for the great new script, and your effort in getting things updated as quickly as you have been doing.
Jerry-
http://www.lakemaryweather.com
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Davis 6153 Wireless Vantage Pro2 / 6316 Wireless Weather Envoy
Weatherlink * VirtualIP * StartWatch * Windows Display * Windows Display Live

I also host my own CentOS (Linux) Apache WEB Server

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »

Sorry Scott unable to help with troubleshooting this as I'm in what is suppose to be in warm FL (only going to be in the low 60's today)  :-)

I noticed on your site a -25 degrees yesterday.  I guess that's why you have been coding so much recently  :lol:

Thanks for the great new script, and your effort in getting things updated as quickly as you have been doing.

Yeah, have to keep the fingers working or they get frost bite!  Thanks!

Scott

Offline ke9lz

• Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delay.  I had to run up to my cabin north of here to resupply the pellet stove for the week.  I have made your requested changes to my dash and will see what happens.  It's above 10 right now but will be cooling later in the day.  As for the settings in WD, where would I look for that setting?  I looked for it but could not come up with it.

Steve
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »
I would, but given the temps in Phoenix there's no way we're gonna hit what is needed to work this.

Sorry.
John
W7JKG

Offline ke9lz

• Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »
Hi Scott,

is everyone that is having the problem have the setting for WD set to include the unit of measure?

That was it!  I watched it change from the snow icon to the rain then found the place in WD for the setting, unticked it and let it update.  The icon changed over to snow after the update.  For anyone setting up the testtags.txt, make sure the Include units in replaced tags is unticked.  I am not sure if it defaults ticked but mine was and it seems to have fixed this problem.  I will watch to make sure but feel confidant that it's fixed!  Thanks Scott for all the help and for the great dashboard!

Steve
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »
Hi Scott,

is everyone that is having the problem have the setting for WD set to include the unit of measure?

That was it!  I watched it change from the snow icon to the rain then found the place in WD for the setting, unticked it and let it update.  The icon changed over to snow after the update.  For anyone setting up the testtags.txt, make sure the Include units in replaced tags is unticked.  I am not sure if it defaults ticked but mine was and it seems to have fixed this problem.  I will watch to make sure but feel confidant that it's fixed!  Thanks Scott for all the help and for the great dashboard!

Steve

Good to hear, I will add a strip_units to all those spots to fix it in the future!  That explains several past unexplained things too.  Strange it only happens sometimes though!  Thanks for all the help everyone gave me here on finding this problem!!  Thanks Steve!

Scott

PS: Watch for the fixed version soon.

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:56 PM »
Confirmed, same here. As soon as I dropped below 10 degrees.

That was it!  I watched it change from the snow icon to the rain then found the place in WD for the setting, unticked it and let it update.  hboard!
Steve
Ed

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.07
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2011, 09:31:35 PM »
UPDATE NOTICE:

I have updated alt-dashboard6 and ajaxWDwx.js to include fixes for AQI image not showing when no reading was downloaded.  Also fixed a very hard to find bug if you Units of Measure still turned on on your tags, it caused random issues with some of the if-then logic in the script.  That allowed the rain icon to show when the temperature to show when it was below freezing and the New Record High/Low to show if no record had been reached.  That last one (record high/low) has been an issue since I first wrote that into the script over two years ago!

Have also modifed the ajaxWDwx.js yet again to fix the UV colored word issue again. The new file is now known as 3.04, a bit confusing but... (Rainer, www.bashewa.com)

This is a very minor update that will effect very few so don't feel the need to update if you aren't having any issues as outlined above!  You can find the updated version 6.07 on my site in the scripts section or click here to download:

http://www.websterweatherlive.com/downloads/Alt-Dashboard607.zip
Thanks!

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2011, 09:32:44 PM »
Scott,

That setting was something that Maui Stan found long ago, except it had to do with updating Twitter. It also was causing the double °F problem in the Station All Time Records area.

Sneaky little tick...
John
W7JKG

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »
I am getting the following error. What did I do wrong. Please advise.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function langtransstr() in /homepages/6/d330860172/htdocs/ajax-dashboard.php on line 335
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function langtransstr() in /homepages/6/d330860172/htdocs/ajax-dashboard.php on line 335

Did you uncomment out the language functions at the bottom of the script??  (See last few lines of script for instructions)

Scott

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »

At the end of the script two functions are commented out. As instructed there, remove the comments from those functions.
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2011, 09:41:20 PM »
Scott,

That setting was something that Maui Stan found long ago, except it had to do with updating Twitter. It also was causing the double °F problem in the Station All Time Records area.

Sneaky little tick...

Yeah, I can see it causing problems with actual readings but it never caused a problem in a IF-THEN statement before.  That was really weird!

Scott

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2011, 10:59:36 AM »
Thanks that worked. Now I need help to figure out why no moon icon and no cloud height icon. My website link is http://lebanontnwx.org/wxindex.php

Also where do I go in WD to enter my snow amounts and get that to the web. Yes it snows in middle TN.

Is there anything else you can see from my page that I am missing. Please advise. Thanks.

I appreciate the help. When comes to scripts etc. I very much a newbie and need the help.

I really like this new dashboard. GREAT JOB!
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
One other matter how do I direct the link for full forecast to the NWS full forecast instead of the WXsim forecast. Thanks.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
WD, The top of main screen: input daily weather.
Make the forecast changes around line 553
Ed

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2011, 11:40:04 AM »
One other matter how do I direct the link for full forecast to the NWS full forecast instead of the WXsim forecast. Thanks.
Around line 549 in the script you will find the link to wxsimforecast.php. Just change that to the forecast you want. In my case, it simply became wxforecast.php. I also changed my wording a little...

Code: [Select]
<td align="center" colspan="3">
<strong><a href="wxforecast.php">Local Extended Forecast</a></strong><br />
</td>
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:42:41 AM by jgillett »
John
W7JKG