Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151553 times)

Offline Strgazr27

• "The Cam Man"
  • Forecaster
    • Kings Park Weather
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21
« Reply #600 on: September 06, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
Question if anybody can help. I upgraded to Ken's V3 templates. Still a little rough but working on it. My issue is I copied the Ajax-dashboard and AjaxWDwx.js from my directory which was working with the V2 templates over to the new V3 setup and the dashboard is missing. I'm running out of hair to pull out. If anybody has any thoughts I'd REALLY appreciate it.
Bobby M.
Davis VP2 6152 w Daylight FARS - Logitech C525 and C310
WD - WDLive - GRLevel3 - Image Salsa - VVP - Startwatch

"http://www.kingsparkweather.com"
KNYKINGS7 on WU

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #601 on: September 06, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
Question if anybody can help. I upgraded to Ken's V3 templates. Still a little rough but working on it. My issue is I copied the Ajax-dashboard and AjaxWDwx.js from my directory which was working with the V2 templates over to the new V3 setup and the dashboard is missing. I'm running out of hair to pull out. If anybody has any thoughts I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Is there a link to your version 3 dashboard?  Maybe I (or someone else) can see something to help quick!

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline mava

• mavahome
« Reply #602 on: September 15, 2011, 05:16:26 AM »
Hi,
I have upgraded from V2 to V3 and it seems to be working fine except from the cloud-base script. "clientraw not available" .
I haven't done anything to cloud-base so I guess it has to do with the new V3 files like Settings or Settings-weather??

Any ideas?

www.mavahome.com

regards

Offline Strgazr27

• "The Cam Man"
  • Forecaster
    • Kings Park Weather
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »
Mava,

Are the paths to the image and clientraw correct? I had forgotten to upload the image and script so it gave me issues till I did that?
Bobby M.
Davis VP2 6152 w Daylight FARS - Logitech C525 and C310
WD - WDLive - GRLevel3 - Image Salsa - VVP - Startwatch

"http://www.kingsparkweather.com"
KNYKINGS7 on WU

Offline mava

• mavahome
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2011, 01:19:51 PM »
Hi,
Yes they should be. I can't see any problems with the path.
Worked fine with V2 and stopped when I upgraded to V3.

UPDATE : Found the problem. Had to dissable the path to Settings.php.

rgs
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:55:59 AM by mava »

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #605 on: September 16, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
Hi,

I am having a couple of problems with this version. please help, I have tried everything I can think of.

1) wunderground forecast in row one not aligned correctly (checked in FF and IE).
2) wind chill not switching to heat index during warm temps.
3) time on dashboard not in 24hr format despite (to the best of my knowledge) being set to show 24hr.
The website is at: http://www.gosportweather.co.uk/Base-World/wxindex.php

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #606 on: September 16, 2011, 06:14:32 PM »
1) wunderground forecast in row one not aligned correctly (checked in FF and IE).
2) wind chill not switching to heat index during warm temps.
3) time on dashboard not in 24hr format despite (to the best of my knowledge) being set to show 24hr.
The website is at: http://www.gosportweather.co.uk/Base-World/wxindex.php

Couple of questions.  What version of Ken's script are you using, V2 or V3?  It looks like you have set your width in the css to wider then the standard format, is that correct?  Can you send a copy of the ajaxWDwx.php file to me so I can see your settings.  (zip it or rename it .txt)

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #607 on: September 16, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
Hi,

I am using V3 of kens scripts with your V6 dashboard installed. I have set the size to wide in the settings.php. I was going to see whether the problem with the alignment of the WU forecast was better in 'narrow' but can't do because there seems to be a problem with their site at the moment. Please find attached a copy of my ajaxWDwx.php which is the one which was included with your dashboard. I'll report back when I have been able to check up on the WU alignment problem. 

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #608 on: September 16, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »
I am using V3 of kens scripts with your V6 dashboard installed. I have set the size to wide in the settings.php. I was going to see whether the problem with the alignment of the WU forecast was better in 'narrow' but can't do because there seems to be a problem with their site at the moment. Please find attached a copy of my ajaxWDwx.php which is the one which was included with your dashboard. I'll report back when I have been able to check up on the WU alignment problem. 
OOps!  ](*,)  I asked for the wrong file name, I actually would like to see AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php as that has the main configuration files for the dashboard in it.  As for the width, the alt-dashboard won't really look right in wide format, it was designed only for narrow. 

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #609 on: September 18, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »
Hi,

sorry for the late reply. Here is the AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php you asked for. The problem with the forecast out of alignment was a client side problem and therefore needs no work done on it. The only things are the clock not in 24hr and wind chill not changing. What temperature does it have to be for the wind chill to change to heat index?

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #610 on: September 18, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »
sorry for the late reply. Here is the AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php you asked for. The problem with the forecast out of alignment was a client side problem and therefore needs no work done on it. The only things are the clock not in 24hr and wind chill not changing. What temperature does it have to be for the wind chill to change to heat index?
In the config, you have the $coolVal set to 65 so it would need to reach 65C to change (since you use metric).  If you set it correctly to the metric value it will change nicely!

Code: [Select]
$coolVal   = '65';            // Temperature to Switch view to Cooling Degree Days rather then Heating usually 18.33C or 65F
As for the time, you will need to manually set the format on line about 398 in the main script and in the ajaxwdwx.js settings. 

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #611 on: September 18, 2011, 05:51:34 PM »
Hi,

Thank you that has sorted the wind chill/ heat index. I will have another look at the time issue because last time I looked in the files they were set correctly but didn't show the correct format on the webpage.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #612 on: September 18, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
Hi,

Thank you that has sorted the wind chill/ heat index. I will have another look at the time issue because last time I looked in the files they were set correctly but didn't show the correct format on the webpage.

The format is set by the line in the code, it's not in the settings right now.

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #613 on: September 19, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
Scott,

I have two degree symbols showing under station all time records how do I get rid of one of them. I have tried adding the code suggested earlier in this tread but it doesn't seemed of changed it. Also I have found that under station highs and lows it is saying two temperatures with dates in 2012. I think the temperatures are correct but the dates are not. I have checked the testtags.php and cannot find 2012 in there.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 07:56:14 PM by rh205 »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #614 on: September 19, 2011, 10:25:44 PM »
Scott,

I have two degree symbols showing under station all time records how do I get rid of one of them. I have tried adding the code suggested earlier in this tread but it doesn't seemed of changed it. Also I have found that under station highs and lows it is saying two temperatures with dates in 2012. I think the temperatures are correct but the dates are not. I have checked the testtags.php and cannot find 2012 in there.

You can either turn off the unit of measure in WD or remove the . $uofm in the echo statement where you see two.  As for the 2012, do you have two years of history?

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #615 on: September 20, 2011, 05:39:56 AM »
Hi,

no I haven't got two years of history yet. I have had a look at $uofm in the echo statement and removed it but it didn't seem to make a difference. Also how do I turn off uom switching at the top of the dashboard? I have tried removing the code but it didn't change.  ](*,)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:05:58 AM by rh205 »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #616 on: September 20, 2011, 10:14:14 AM »
Hi,

no I haven't got two years of history yet. I have had a look at $uofm in the echo statement and removed it but it didn't seem to make a difference. Also how do I turn off uom switching at the top of the dashboard? I have tried removing the code but it didn't change.  ](*,)

If you don't have two years of history the only option you can use is the Weather Underground history.  You can enable that option in the config file.  I'll have to see if I can find the place in WD for turning off the Unit Of Measure in the tags.  I can't remember off the top my head where that is located.  I will check when I get home from work.

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #617 on: September 20, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »
Scott,

I don't have solar or UV sensors and was wondering how I would go about replacing the 'Solar Summary' section with a section for extra temperature.

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #618 on: September 20, 2011, 05:57:26 PM »
I don't have solar or UV sensors and was wondering how I would go about replacing the 'Solar Summary' section with a section for extra temperature.

It would be pretty easy to just remove that short section of code and add in another as long as it wasn't much longer then the current area the solar display is now.

Scott

Offline rh205

• Gosport Weather
    • Gosport Weather
« Reply #619 on: September 21, 2011, 10:02:48 AM »
Scott,

I have tried changing the code in the ajax-dashboard.php but it still says 'solar summary' and the same data. The idea is to change the title to 'Grass Temp' and then show current 'Grass Temp', 'Grass Temp Max' and 'Grass Temp Min'. The testtag file appears to be writing these values correctly but the dashboard isn't showing them.  Where else do I need to change the code? What code should I put and in which file? I am new to php so my attempts seem to be failing.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:39:57 AM by rh205 »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #620 on: September 21, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
Scott,

I have tried changing the code in the ajax-dashboard.php but it still says 'solar summary' and the same data. The idea is to change the title to 'Grass Temp' and then show current 'Grass Temp', 'Grass Temp Max' and 'Grass Temp Min'. The testtag file appears to be writing these values correctly but the dashboard isn't showing them.  Where else do I need to change the code? What code should I put and in which file? I am new to php so my attempts seem to be failing.

I'll take a look tonight and see if I can fix it up for you.

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #621 on: September 21, 2011, 07:37:55 PM »
I've created a custom mod for you.  Email me for a password to extract the file.  (I don't want it to get accidentially mixed in with the regular version.)

Scott

Offline jahuff

• johnsnhweather
« Reply #622 on: October 03, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »
Hi Scott,

Do you plan to update ajaxWDwx.js to support the new animated GIF icon set provided by http://www.meteotreviglio.com?

Thanks for your support.

John

I think the only thing that needs updating is the icon under Current Conditions.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:17:39 AM by jahuff »

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #623 on: October 03, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »
Do you plan to update ajaxWDwx.js to support the new animated GIF icon set provided by http://www.meteotreviglio.com?
I think the only thing that needs updating is the icon under Current Conditions.

John,

I haven't looked at his set yet.  I'll try and do that soon and see if I can add it in.

Scott

Offline jahuff

• johnsnhweather
« Reply #624 on: October 03, 2011, 06:30:17 PM »
Thank you very much Scott.
John