Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151192 times)

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.09
« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2011, 05:46:24 PM »
I think it's an intermittent thing that is being pushed out via the testtags.php.  Sometimes its right, sometimes it way off.  I've been watching it for several hours now and it's changed from working to not many times.  I'm sure if I were to say something about it though it would be all on my system so I'll just wait and see if it gets fixed in a future build.  When I get home I'll go back a build or two and see if the issue goes away so it can be narrowed down to a build range at least.

Sounds good, Scott. And I do understand your position!
John
W7JKG

Offline dw1373

• Gig Harbor Weather
« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2011, 06:03:14 PM »
Thanks Scott... I was going crazy trying to figure out myself and looking for the code I would need to change.

Brian

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2011, 09:27:12 PM »
Help suddenly my cloud and wind graphics will not show. I have them set for jpg. I did not chang anything so can someone suggest what is wrong.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »
sorry meant they are set to gif. Anyway it just stop working.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »
sorry meant they are set to gif. Anyway it just stop working.

There are two places to set the type of file, the first is in the .PHP file itself, at the top is the setting for the windrose graphic which is set wrong on yours and then in the functions at the bottom is a big array of images for the current conditions, set all 25 of them to either .jpg or .gif to match your site.

Your Ajax updates kick in and overwrite those images when it updates (and that is working on your site) so it's just the ones in the ajax-dashboard6.PHP file that have to be changed.

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #330 on: March 01, 2011, 11:14:04 PM »
// optional settings for the Wind Rose graphic in ajaxwindiconwr as wrName . winddir . wrType
$wrName        = 'wr-';              // first part of the graphic filename (followed by winddir to complete it)
$wrType        = '.gif';             // extension of the graphic filename
$wrCalm        = 'wr-calm.gif';      // set to full name of graphic for calm display ('wr-calm.gif')

That is what I have in the dashboard. All the 25 down below say gif. Where else should I check.
Bob
KK4QXH

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
// optional settings for the Wind Rose graphic in ajaxwindiconwr as wrName . winddir . wrType
$wrName        = 'wr-';              // first part of the graphic filename (followed by winddir to complete it)
$wrType        = '.gif';             // extension of the graphic filename
$wrCalm        = 'wr-calm.gif';      // set to full name of graphic for calm display ('wr-calm.gif')

That is what I have in the dashboard. All the 25 down below say gif. Where else should I check.

Problem is, your windrose graphics are PNG and your Current Conditions Icons are JPG!

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »
Hi Scott,

I was having an IE issue yesterday and that is why I could not see the images. When I reset IE they appeared. Yes, I noticed the png for the win rose and jpg for images. So now my question is how do I get everything in line. I prefer jpg or gif. I believe gif is the normal default so how do I get to display the right image format? What files do I need to change and where in the file do I make the change. Sorry when it comes to programing and scripts I am not experienced. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline ctwx

• Norwalk Weather
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
I just set up Alternative-Dashboard. Could someone point me in the right direction as too which file I need to put my paypal info for the paypal button in Scott's script?

Thanks,

Phil

www.norwalkweather.com

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
I just set up Alternative-Dashboard. Could someone point me in the right direction as too which file I need to put my paypal info for the paypal button in Scott's script?

Phil,

The exact steps for doing this are on p. 6 of the Setup Instructions PDF in your download.
John
W7JKG

Offline ctwx

• Norwalk Weather
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2011, 01:17:33 PM »
Thanks.

I have the code I'm just unsure as to which php page I need to past the code!

Phil

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2011, 02:27:11 PM »
I have the code I'm just unsure as to which php page I need to past the code!

Well, since it's part of the alt dashboard you just added, I would suspect that adding it to the ajax-dashboard6.php script would be the place.  :grin:  Look around line 1673 or so. You'll see a form for PayPal already there, similar to the one you just got from your account. That entire form code needs to be replaced with your new code. Nothing else has to be changed there.

No disrespect intended in the above. We were all new at some point.
John
W7JKG

Offline ctwx

• Norwalk Weather
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
John,

Thanks so much! Usually once I put these scripts online (I've been using the php scripts for about a year) I don't touch them. Not being a "computer guru" I'm in awe of how this stuff is put together!

Phil

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2011, 03:38:51 PM »
Thanks so much! Usually once I put these scripts online (I've been using the php scripts for about a year) I don't touch them. Not being a "computer guru" I'm in awe of how this stuff is put together!

Phil,

You're welcome.

Actually, I've been a web developer for over 19 years, but not PHP. I, too, marvel at the ingenuity of the folks who write this stuff. It's really magic!
John
W7JKG

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
Hi Scott,

I was having an IE issue yesterday and that is why I could not see the images. When I reset IE they appeared. Yes, I noticed the png for the win rose and jpg for images. So now my question is how do I get everything in line. I prefer jpg or gif. I believe gif is the normal default so how do I get to display the right image format? What files do I need to change and where in the file do I make the change. Sorry when it comes to programing and scripts I am not experienced. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Bob

Basically, you either need to download the images in the format you want and place them in the ajax-images directory or change the settings in the script to match the ones you already have.  I have many images available on my site to download and the originals are always available from Ken's site.  Links available in the links section on my site and in the script section if you need them.

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »
I think it's an intermittent thing that is being pushed out via the testtags.php.  Sometimes its right, sometimes it way off.  I've been watching it for several hours now and it's changed from working to not many times.  I'm sure if I were to say something about it though it would be all on my system so I'll just wait and see if it gets fixed in a future build.  When I get home I'll go back a build or two and see if the issue goes away so it can be narrowed down to a build range at least.

Sounds good, Scott. And I do understand your position!

It appears the problem only happened on the 1st day of the month.  I seem to remember something about that once before too.  It seems to work fine again today.

Scott

Offline ctwx

• Norwalk Weather
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2011, 07:20:07 PM »
Scott,

Thank you for your time and effort with this. I'm using your icons and still have some tweaks to make but really like the look!

Phil

www.norwalkweather.com

Offline ctwx

• Norwalk Weather
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
I'm having an issue with images on my page.

All my .jpg images are showing up but not .gif (such as the moon). In reading through the messages I see that you can set in ajaxdashboard either .jpg or .gif

I have the sun image displaying (.jpg) but no moon image (.gif). It seems that the few sites I have looked at are using both.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but how is that accomplished?

Thanks, Phil

www.norwalkweather.com

I

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2011, 07:48:29 AM »
I'm having an issue with images on my page.

All my .jpg images are showing up but not .gif (such as the moon). In reading through the messages I see that you can set in ajaxdashboard either .jpg or .gif

I have the sun image displaying (.jpg) but no moon image (.gif). It seems that the few sites I have looked at are using both.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but how is that accomplished?

Phil,

You can download the moon images from Raineer's site, you can find the link in the setup instructions for the alt-dashboard version 6.xx.  The Conditions Icons are set in the setting for the java in ajaxWDwx-settings.js and at the bottom of the main script in the functions section. .  There is a section with about 25 images defined as .gif or .jpg, set those to match what you are using.

Scott

Offline ctwx

• Norwalk Weather
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
Scott,

Thanks for your help.

I made the changes to .jpg for the current conditons icons and that works fine.

As for the moon images, everything was right except my moon directory was Moon instead of moon. Those upper/lower case letters get me again!

Phil

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
Scott,

Thanks for your help.

I made the changes to .jpg for the current conditons icons and that works fine.

As for the moon images, everything was right except my moon directory was Moon instead of moon. Those upper/lower case letters get me again!

Phil

Phil,

That one gets me all the time with file names too!!

Scott

Offline tonyva

• Mangawhai Heads Weather
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
Hi

I am trying to implement the latest alternate dashboard on separate website http://www.keygroup.co.nz/index.php and cannot figure out why i get the snow flake icon, I have tried different options in the config6 file but cannot get rain icon.

thanks
Tony

Davis VP2 Cabled, WDisplay, Windows XP

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:40 PM »
Hi

I am trying to implement the latest alternate dashboard on separate website http://www.keygroup.co.nz/index.php and cannot figure out why i get the snow flake icon, I have tried different options in the config6 file but cannot get rain icon.

thanks
Tony

Tony,

For some reason, the code is not changing the icon, I will have to look and see if I can find the problem. I've sent you a revised version to try via email.  Please let me know if that fixes the problem.  I think it is cuased by your snow being set to measure in mm rather than cm.

Scott
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:15:48 PM by WebsterWeather »

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
Scott,
Interesting current conditions description today.
"It is Sleet fall"
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
Weird, I didn't like the first screen shot. So I did it again and the description had changed. Here is the first.
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

anything