Author Topic: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.21  (Read 151187 times)

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alternative-Dashboard Version 6.07
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »
Hope someone can help me pinpoint the problem that is keeping me from successfully updating from Scott's V4.20 to the new ajax V6.07. I have been working off and on with this for several months (ajax) but have tried to get down to serious business the last week and just can't get the dashboard to show on my test page. All I am getting is the top, head and fly=out menu. No dashboard or footer. Not too familiar with Firebug but had it up and working and could see my clientraw info getting pulled in alright. ](*,)

Here is what I am getting right now:  www.carolinastormwatch.com/indextest.php

Also attached my Dashboard6 file and ajaxWDwx and ajaxWDwx-settings files if  someone could please take a look and see if they can spot a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Tony at CNY Weather has been very helpful but he has had trouble locating the issue.

Tom

Tom,

Do you have the new ajaxWDwx.js and agaxWDwx-settings.js in the right place and configured?  That is usually the problem.

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »
I have a question /suggestion. The air temperature drives the Rain / Snow Icon for the current conditions. I think it is set for 34. Can it be changed to use the wetbulb temperature?

When looking for the rain / snow line many meteorologists look for the 0C wetbulb line. Without getting into all the science behind it the 0c (32F) wet bulb line is usually where you find the rain changed over to snow. While the actual temperature can be a few degrees above freezing it will be snowing as the snow does not have a chance to melt into rain before it reaches the ground. That is why the oc (32f) wet bulb temperature is looked for. Your thoughts.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline mayo9999

• Lake Mary Weather
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2011, 09:01:03 PM »
Hope someone can help me pinpoint the problem that is keeping me from successfully updating from Scott's V4.20 to the new ajax V6.07. I have been working off and on with this for several months (ajax) but have tried to get down to serious business the last week and just can't get the dashboard to show on my test page. All I am getting is the top, head and fly=out menu. No dashboard or footer. Not too familiar with Firebug but had it up and working and could see my clientraw info getting pulled in alright. ](*,)

Here is what I am getting right now:  www.carolinastormwatch.com/indextest.php

Also attached my Dashboard6 file and ajaxWDwx and ajaxWDwx-settings files if  someone could please take a look and see if they can spot a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Tony at CNY Weather has been very helpful but he has had trouble locating the issue.

Tom
I had a similar issue....  Try removing the comment on the last 2 functions at the end of the ajax-dashboard6.php file.
Code: [Select]
//  Uncomment the next two functions if you get an error message that says
//  Fatal error: Call to undefined function langtransstr()

function langtransstr($str) {  // added
  return($str);
 }

function langtrans($str) {  // added
 echo $str;
   return;
}
Jerry-
http://www.lakemaryweather.com
CWOP = DW3228
WU    = KFLLAKEM7

Davis 6153 Wireless Vantage Pro2 / 6316 Wireless Weather Envoy
Weatherlink * VirtualIP * StartWatch * Windows Display * Windows Display Live

I also host my own CentOS (Linux) Apache WEB Server

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »
I have a question /suggestion. The air temperature drives the Rain / Snow Icon for the current conditions. I think it is set for 34. Can it be changed to use the wetbulb temperature?

When looking for the rain / snow line many meteorologists look for the 0C wetbulb line. Without getting into all the science behind it the 0c (32F) wet bulb line is usually where you find the rain changed over to snow. While the actual temperature can be a few degrees above freezing it will be snowing as the snow does not have a chance to melt into rain before it reaches the ground. That is why the oc (32f) wet bulb temperature is looked for. Your thoughts.

Very good idea!  I will make that change!

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:59 PM »
I've had some luck in fixing a few things for the next update (version 6.08).  I found a fix for the date formatting problems with the All time high and low section.  It also apprears that Brian has changed the format that some of the sunrise, sunset, etc readings are now passed to test tags.  I have made a change to allow that to display correctly.

I am testing the changes now, especially the wetbulb updating of the snow/rain icon.  Once we get above freezing around here, maybe I can see if it works!  I'll let everyone here know when I have this next version released.

Question:  Is anyone else using WD version 37Q Build 28 or later and noticing the times screwed up in the Almanac section?

Scott

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:59 AM »
Thanks Scott,
I believe my almanac is correct this morning. B10.37Q28
http://cvweather.org/wxastronomy.php
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
    • Carolina StormWatch Weather
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »

Tom,

Do you have the new ajaxWDwx.js and agaxWDwx-settings.js in the right place and configured?  That is usually the problem.

Scott

[/quote]

Hi Scott,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but I had to just get up and leave it yesterday Afternoon and just got back from my dialysis this Morning. Are you talking about being in the right place "in top.php"? Tony had plugged in his top file (which is working fine) on my site  but it still would not work with my ajax files. The top.php is attached!

Thanks,

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »
Got your email Tom. Do you have AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php installed also?
Tony

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
Got your email Tom. Do you have AltAjaxDashboardConfig6.php installed also?

yeah I do. I'll email that to you row now!

Thanks Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2011, 12:14:05 PM »
It's gotta be one of the tag along .js files Tom. This is your dashboard running
on my test page http://www.cnyweather.com/indextest.php BUT, with my
ajaxWDwx.js and ajaxWDwx-settings.js files
Tony

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
Scott,

Suggestion for 6.08...

When the temp drops low the rain icon under Current Conditions changes to Snow, including the 3 for the footnote. However - no footnote. Can you add the automatic inclusion of the (3) footnote when this automatic change happens? Folks go looking for it - like the last few nights around here, 26.2° for a new low record in Phoenix early this morning - and it's nowhere to be found.

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2011, 02:23:46 PM »
It's gotta be one of the tag along .js files Tom. This is your dashboard running
on my test page http://www.cnyweather.com/indextest.php BUT, with my
ajaxWDwx.js and ajaxWDwx-settings.js files

Your right Tony it has to be there. The strange thing that happens when I use the use ALTAjaxDashoard6 file that you just sent me is that when I pull up www.carolinastormwatch.com/indextest.php I still am not getting anything (Dashboard) but everything on the flyout menu is working fine and when I hit the back button my page reverts to my www.carolinastormwatch.com/index.php (regular home) page but there are NO UPDATES being made to the page. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Tony,

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
    • Up Country Maui Weather
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
Hi Tom,

It seems as though that your Weather Display is not updating the clientraw.txt file to your host.  Looking at your banner also has no data also.  That might be a clue as to why your dashboard is not updating also.

Just some thoughts.

Regards,

--Stan Y.
   Maui, Hawaii
Stan Y. - KH6HHG - Maui, Hawaii
 --- Blitzortung ID: 993
 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-PHOG1

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro
Dell Optiplex GX280-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ Wireless
Webcam: Axis 211

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »
Tom, I messed around a lot here with your files. For the life of me I cannot figure it out.

Like I said, http://www.cnyweather.com/indextest.php is your dashboard running with my .js files.
I'd be happy to package it up for you unless one of the wiz kids can figure it out. I'm just a poor trophymaker,
and finding errors drives me nuts  :lol:
Tony

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
Tom, I messed around a lot here with your files. For the life of me I cannot figure it out.

Like I said, http://www.cnyweather.com/indextest.php is your dashboard running with my .js files.
I'd be happy to package it up for you unless one of the wiz kids can figure it out. I'm just a poor trophymaker,
and finding errors drives me nuts  :lol:

Yeah, I guess sending me a copy of your files may help??? My old website had quit updating but appears to be updating now. As Stan, noted even my banner had quit updating but appears to have started back. I have a mess for sure and just can not find where the problem is. I don't think it is anything major but I am not someone who has the ability to find the problem. Thanks for the help Tony, I'll keep trying though!

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
Scott,

Suggestion for 6.08...

When the temp drops low the rain icon under Current Conditions changes to Snow, including the 3 for the footnote. However - no footnote. Can you add the automatic inclusion of the (3) footnote when this automatic change happens? Folks go looking for it - like the last few nights around here, 26.2° for a new low record in Phoenix early this morning - and it's nowhere to be found.

Thanks.
Ok, I will add that, I just assume if you have the possibility of snow in your area, you are using the snow option and thus, footnote #3 should be there!

Scott

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you but I had to just get up and leave it yesterday Afternoon and just got back from my dialysis this Morning. Are you talking about being in the right place "in top.php"? Tony had plugged in his top file (which is working fine) on my site  but it still would not work with my ajax files. The top.php is attached!
Tom,

Lets verify what version of the java files you are using and what version of PHP is hosting on your site.  All your symptoms lead me to believe that for some reason your java script is just not running.

Scott

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »
Scott,

Suggestion for 6.08...

Thanks.
Ok, I will add that, I just assume if you have the possibility of snow in your area, you are using the snow option and thus, footnote #3 should be there!

Scott
Rarely do we have that possibility, which is why I do not use the snow option (although we have had some flurries this year). However, since the auto changeover to the snow icon uses the footnote notation I just thought it should be there.

Thanks.
John
W7JKG

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »
Tom,

Lets verify what version of the java files you are using and what version of PHP is hosting on your site.  All your symptoms lead me to believe that for some reason your java script is just not running.

Scott

Hi Scott,

My host is using 5.1.4 php and my version of the ajax-settings.js is Meerkat's latest Version of 9.13 and your latest build (6.07) and also the newest AltConfig. I think I just found a small problem with my testtags but don't think this is causing the problems with not getting the dashboard to show but I'm going to get the testtags file corrected. Looks like when I placed the new file in WD I have php.txt instead of php.

Thanks,

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:29 PM »
Hi Scott,

Thanks for considering the wet bulb temp for the rain /snow. Look forward to the new release. Thank you for all the hard work you do for us.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »
Success!!! Many thanks to Tony at CYNWeather for helping me out and especially to SteveFitz1 for finding the error and getting my Dashboard to show
at: www.carolinastormwatch.com/indextest.php

Just have to do some tweaking and I will finally have it go live!!

Many thanks guys for all the help! =D>

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2011, 07:47:02 AM »
Success!!! Many thanks to Tony at CYNWeather for helping me out and especially to SteveFitz1 for finding the error and getting my Dashboard to show

Tom

What was the error?

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2011, 11:30:56 AM »

Tom

What was the error?

Hi Scott,

Apparently, lines 2403-2410 in the Ajax-Dashboard6 file (I'm pretty sure) were commented out and Steve worked with it and removed the // from those lines and got it working. Something simple for most people but something I may not ever have found on my own.
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

Offline CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:03 AM »
Go Tom Go.  :lol:

I see you're missing http://www.carolinastormwatch.com/ajax-images/bkn.gif image Tom.

Also, I forgot my fix, but your site is updating except the counter doesnt.
Tony

Offline stormwatch

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »
Go Tom Go.  :lol:

I see you're missing http://www.carolinastormwatch.com/ajax-images/bkn.gif image Tom.

Also, I forgot my fix, but your site is updating except the counter doesnt.

Yeah, I still got quite a few things left to do before I finish it up. Had dialysis this Morning so I am feeling like crap about now. Gonna take a nap and try to come back tonight ot tomorrow and work on it. Wonder why the counter isn't working though??? Hadn't caught that yet.

Thanks for all your help Tony (Terrific) T!! :grin:

Tom
CoCoRaHS NC-BR-1
CW0803
Advanced Spotter

anything