Author Topic: Davis Temperature Station vs. Temperature/Humidity  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Davis Temperature Station vs. Temperature/Humidity
« on: July 21, 2013, 09:22:08 AM »
Had an idea, I have the passive radiation sensor from before I put in the 24 hr fars unit.   If I open up the case of the Davis Temperature station, I see the same plugs I would see in the ISS.   In fact the first sensor is marked Temp/Humd.   

the question, do you think the temp humid sensor would work in the temperature station  and transmit both variables?

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
Re: Davis Temperature Station vs. Temperature/Humidity
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
Yes, it will work. I did the same thing 3 years ago with no problems. It is still running today.
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 09:38:13 AM »
When I got my 24 hr Fars, I had Archer Trading post leave in the Temp/Humid sensor the unit came with.  What he does is takes a part a new Davis with FARS. removes the FARS and the temp/humid unit.  I had he leave the new sensor in place and bought it that way.

So I have the old sensor  sitting around here and I have the extra temp Humid sensor and I have a temperature station that is monitoring the garden shed.  I thought I could attach the temperature humid sensor to that station  and go from there.

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:53:51 AM »
I had the 6372 and bought the T/H sensor from Archer to put the 6372 in a more remote spot in the yard. I mounted the T/H sensor in a 7714 shield that I used with the 6372, just spliced in a length of 6 conductor wire for what I needed at the new location. Also added a Davis fan and a solar panel that comes with the DFARS kit so that it is now a solar powered DFARS 6382. A little work, maybe? a little more money, but it works great.
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

anything