Author Topic: Alternate Dashboard Update  (Read 485 times)

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
    • Westminster Massachusetts Weather
Alternate Dashboard Update
« on: July 21, 2020, 10:46:04 AM »
I have a few questions after making the change to the Alternate Dashboard -

1. I notice that the updates never pause. Is there away to set that so it only updates for a certain amount of time?

2. Using wxstatus.php I get 2 errors because the ajax files have been renamed. Where would I go to update those file names?

3. Cloudbase - Does that info come from WeatherDisplay or from my nearest Metar? I realize that the metar only updates hourly, but mine stays mostly on CLEAR, even when there are clouds around. I do notice that the current display in WeatherDisplay takes forever to change when conditions change.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Edit: 11:06am - cloud base now shows clouds at 4500 feet and raining. Current conditions show sun and that I have moderate rain, it is not raining. due to a computer update my weather computer is down, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

John
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:10:10 AM by Johnmac »
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Re: Alternate Dashboard Update
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 12:08:15 PM »
i'm guessing the two NOT Current warnings are due to the update time you have sending them via ftp to your webserver. afaik the normal time frame is 5 minutes. your weather station is uploading every ten minutes.

cloudbase can come from your own station, or Metar depending on how you obtain the information.

yours looks like METAR i think  https://scannorthcounty.net/cloud-base.php?html=1

edit the cloud-base.php and see.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 12:15:04 PM by ConligWX »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »
for 1), just change ajaxWDwx3.js from
Code: [Select]
var update = // for ajax update interval
   {reloadtime: 10000   // fetch clientraw.txt file every 5 seconds (1000 ms = 1 second )
   ,maxupdates: 0     // Maximum number of updates/fetches allowed (set to zero for unlimited)
to
   {reloadtime: 10000   // fetch clientraw.txt file every 5 seconds (1000 ms = 1 second )
   ,maxupdates: 20     // Maximum number of updates/fetches allowed (set to zero for unlimited)
and it will pause after 20 updates (20 updates at 10 seconds each).

for 2), you can't change the indications for the two missing files.  Even though you're not using them, I suggest you restore the ajaxWDwx.js and ajax-dashboard.php files to your site from the current Base distribution .. then the messages will not appear on wxstatus.php or a check-fetch-times.php?show=versions

for 3) conligwx answered that above :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 08:18:49 PM »
for 1), just change ajaxWDwx3.js from
   ,maxupdates: 0     // Maximum number of updates/fetches allowed (set to zero for unlimited)
to
   ,maxupdates: 20     // Maximum number of updates/fetches allowed (set to zero for unlimited)
and it will pause after 20 updates (20 updates at 10 seconds each).

for 2), you can't change the indications for the two missing files.  Even though you're not using them, I suggest you restore the ajaxWDwx.js and ajax-dashboard.php files to your site from the current Base distribution .. then the messages will not appear on wxstatus.php or a check-fetch-times.php?show=versions

for 3) conligwx answered that above :)

Thanks Ken, that took care of both Question 1 & 2
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline Johnmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:20:57 PM »
i'm guessing the two NOT Current warnings are due to the update time you have sending them via ftp to your webserver. afaik the normal time frame is 5 minutes. your weather station is uploading every ten minutes.

cloudbase can come from your own station, or Metar depending on how you obtain the information.

yours looks like METAR i think  https://scannorthcounty.net/cloud-base.php?html=1

edit the cloud-base.php and see.

Made a change to use Cloud Base from the Metar. Waiting for some clouds now.

John
John
Westminster, MA USA

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 11:12:27 PM »
Wow!  Nice to see anyone is still even using my old script after 10 years!

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

anything