Author Topic: Fakebook  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Fakebook
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:00:20 PM »
A friend of mine just called about the release of all of Hillary's emails, Trump's proof of voting fraud, the issue of arrest warrants for democrats, and the proposed 28th Amendment. Also Trump is hiding in the south and has the support of the military and will prove that the election was stolen. I knew but I had to ask where he heard it...."it's all over Facebook !" 😂😂😂😂😂 The post says to " send to all your friends..." 
To quote Sigorney Weaver in Aliens - "Did IQ's sharply drop while I was away ?"

Facebook - Reducing members intelligence and common sense since 2002

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
Re: Fakebook
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 06:09:36 PM »
I had dropped Facebook several years ago.
Family, friends, and classmates talked me in to joining again.

What a cesspool of misinformation and actual fake news.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 06:19:43 PM »
Social Media, Big Tech, MSM and our new Government won't be happy til they control EVERYTHING in your life. Freedom is on the way out. Probably will be forced to take Mandarin lessons as well.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 06:21:08 PM »
Update - 2 other friends just sent me the same video. On it some guy talks about the coming 10 days of darkness where the internet will experience outages and credit and debit cards won't work and you need to withdraw money from the bank to survive. This is QAnon garbage. I am tired of gullible people ! Barnum was right !

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..... amphetamines"..etc. - Lloyd Bridges - Airplane movie

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 06:34:16 PM »
I do not really do FB.

I even had to take a few days off Chiefs Planet DC forum.
That is as far as I will go politically on here. Too much respect.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 07:20:08 PM »
If anyone ever goes to jail, they will squeal like a pig, so it will never happen, and all that fake social media stuff is such a waste of time. Anyone who gets banned IMO should be great-full because they just made your life so much better!

Offline sky_watcher

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 07:28:32 PM »
A friend of mine just called about the release of all of Hillary's emails, Trump's proof of voting fraud, the issue of arrest warrants for democrats, and the proposed 28th Amendment. Also Trump is hiding in the south and has the support of the military and will prove that the election was stolen. I knew but I had to ask where he heard it...."it's all over Facebook !" 😂😂😂😂😂 The post says to " send to all your friends..." 
To quote Sigorney Weaver in Aliens - "Did IQ's sharply drop while I was away ?"
I don't think that IQ has dropped recently.

The other day we were discussing that it is now 21 years since the "End of the World", when a program about "cult behaviour" and its consequences came on and outlined numerous past examples of where people believe the most idiotic things even when it was demonstrably false.

One of the "tests" to see if a belief is likely to be "odd" (to be polite) is to look at whether the believers apply an equal standard of evidence for belief or disbelief. That is, something as flimsy as "I read it on Facebook" is accepted as concrete evidence supporting a belief, but no standard of evidence is acceptable if it goes against the belief. The other warning indicator is the people who have these beliefs attempt to isolate themselves from all dissenting view, by denouncing any who does not believe as "the enemy", not just someone like themselves with a different view or just wrong in this instance. Even accepting that "the enemy" made be wrong, but still a decent person, will make the person who believes that an enemy as well, since none may accept that anyone who questions "the truth" can be "normal".

This kind of asymmetric requirements of proof and attempting keep within the "believer bubble" is the classic methodology of all sects throughout history.

“The more a man knows, the more willing he is to learn. The less a man knows, the more positive he is that he knows everything...” ― Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline racer3

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 06:56:49 AM »
I love reading facebook. It's like when I was a kid reading the Sunday comics, Always good for a laugh!!! :grin:

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 07:17:23 AM »
I just recently deactivated FB. All the QAnon, Plandemic etc. just makes my blood boil. So I just shut it off. I might re activate......I might not. Finding I don't really miss it.

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 10:26:07 AM »
Ya know, I don't see all this conspiracy, end-of-world, look-what-really-stupid-thing-I-can-do.

Let's see, my two daughters, two nephews, my wife, and a cousin.  Nope, all my friends seem to pretty well have it together.

I do have to ask...  How does someone keep up with 4,000 friends?  Wouldn't you get some confused with others?  I mean, take for instance one friend just had a colonoscopy and another a nose job...and you comment to the one with the colonoscopy..."I bet you smell a lot better now!".  Eh?  Or, one gets locked up for armed robbery and the other is getting ready for a camping trip and you get them confused...."enjoy your camping trip!".  I mean, it's just crazy the number of "friends" that some Facebook people have.

There are some people that I think figure out who I am on FB (I changed my name to protect the innocent) so I get a new friend request all along.  I respond by thinking "oh, a friend request"...and move on.

Having stated that mumbo-jumbo, I will say that anyone interested and who has Netflix available might want to watch "The Social Dilemma".  Or, is this just more conspiracy theory propagated by "powers that be"?

The Social Dilemma

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:11:46 AM »
I don't tweet, I don't twitter, I don't fakebook, I don't pass gas in public, I guess that covers it.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 05:05:04 PM »
Come on Steve. You don't fart in public??
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 05:58:51 PM »
I don't believe I slurred my words?

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 04:52:53 PM »
I don't believe I slurred my words?
Well, since you're apparently a novice at public farting I'll give you a tip.  If you're in a department store and feel a bit of gas coming on head either to the candle aisle or the washing detergent aisle if you want to be kinda stealthy about it...oh, and leave the area immediately and try not to giggle as the poor innocent person is coming down the aisle behind you.

If you need more help with this just ask...there's plenty of folks here full of it....er, help, that is.   :lol:

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 09:56:40 PM »
Just remember the new Covid rule......

If I can smell your fart...... we're not far enough apart !

Now back to bashing Fakebook.....or should I say...Hoaxbook.

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2021, 07:36:55 AM »
I get a chuckle out of Farcebook users.  My siblings and entire extended family are all heavy users, and several of them are upset with me because I never respond to the /stupid messages/posts that they send to me on Farcebook.  I have not and will not ever have a Farcebook account and actually have Farcebook and their CDN blocked on every device that I own, but apparently they are all friends with someone on there who has my name.  Probably a Russian bot, harvesting the family's info.

Back in 2019, I could not attend the family Christmas gathering.  In my old-school email to everyone, I suggested that they invite "Farcebook me" in my place...and pray that he/she/it was not an axe-murderer.....  :lol:
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 10:43:50 AM »
Just remember the new Covid rule......

If I can smell your fart...... we're not far enough apart !

Now back to bashing Fakebook.....or should I say...Hoaxbook.
Hmm, groundbreaking thought here...  Could farts be used as a self-diagnosis tool for COVID?  Or, to test strangers?   :-k

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 04:50:50 PM »
I have not and will not ever have a Farcebook account
Same. I don't even own a smart phone and probably never will. Never sent a text message in my life either....don't even know how.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 05:55:51 PM »
 :shock:
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 06:17:18 PM »
I have not and will not ever have a Farcebook account
Same. I don't even own a smart phone and probably never will. Never sent a text message in my life either....don't even know how.

Well, now ur just talking nonsense.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline WDoug

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 10:43:21 PM »
Wow!   I guess there are others like me.    People think I'm strange because I don't have facebook, twitter or any social account.
     Wooops, I guess this forum is a social account.   The only worth while exception.
I don't have a smart phone or any kind of mobile phone.    Heck,  I don't even have a landline!    So peaceful without it!

Regarding farting......If I have to, I'll rip one off in the store.   But I'll warn everyone LOUDLY,  Don't come over here. :lol:

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2021, 09:09:43 AM »
I reactivated my Farcebook account only temporarily so I could sell some things on Marketplace. It didn't take long before one of my friends dropped a hot steaming pile (grew up on a cow farm...get the picture?)... about how Trump has the military secretly positioned around the capital for a take over. He followed up with the 28th amendment bable. This deluded rant ended with the tired phrase...send to all your friends.  It surprises me how people can have smart phones and be so stupid. My friends don't know they are on a 3 strike rule. I sent him links from snopes and hoaxbuster.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2021, 09:25:33 AM »
me/more/now

The more people that like and agree, the more endorphins the brain gives off. With a click-you can have insta friends and people that agree and validate your existance.

Inflated ego. End of times.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Intheswamp

• Forecaster
    • Beeweather
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 11:16:00 AM »
I reactivated my Farcebook account only temporarily so I could sell some things on Marketplace. It didn't take long before one of my friends dropped a hot steaming pile (grew up on a cow farm...get the picture?)... about how Trump has the military secretly positioned around the capital for a take over. He followed up with the 28th amendment bable. This deluded rant ended with the tired phrase...send to all your friends.  It surprises me how people can have smart phones and be so stupid. My friends don't know they are on a 3 strike rule. I sent him links from snopes and hoaxbuster.
I'm definitely not getting into the Trump aspect of things but I will say beware of Snopes and Hoaxbuster...they have agendas of there own...everybody does.  I do recommend people to watch Netflix's "The Social Dilemma" (it has an agenda, too, but....<grin>).  It really is good, though.

And, I confess, I have a smartphone...a refurbished iPhone 6.  My sister gave it to me 'cause she wanted to be able to text me.  I had used a flip-phone for years and was satisfied.  I like my smartphone...radars, planetarium programs, river level notices, etc., and if I want to get the latest news or watch a documentary while I sit in the car waiting on (a) wife, (b) grandkids, (c) doctor office "come to the door" phone call, etc., it is there to be had.  Shoot, I can even check the forum here.  I use my smartphone...I don't let it use me.

Davis VP2, v3.12
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2021, 11:53:10 AM »
I finally got a little SE smart phone only to communicate with my dashcam. It is strictly emergency outgoing, no VM, no Text. T-Mobile has a $3 a month plan and that's good enough for emergencies. I don't even like the cloud and avoid it if possible, it consolidates too much power into a single source and now that millennials are driving the bus, I don't trust them one inch.

anything