Author Topic: NOAA Reports from multiple sources?  (Read 940 times)

Offline Moose Whisperer

• Senior Contributor
    • Alaska Weather Watch
NOAA Reports from multiple sources?
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:07:23 PM »
OK, so it seems that the NOAA reports issues are the last main stumbling block for my new website.

My setup:
My station was running on VWS for 5 years generating NOAA Reports.
I recently switched over to Cumulus.
Not wanting to lose my data, to be able to read my existing VWS reports even though my site runs on Cumulus, I manually overrode the 'WXsoftware' variable in the include-NOAA-reports.php script by hard-coding $Naming = 'VWS' (only in the instance of this one script, the rest of my site remains unaffected).

(also note - I'm still trying to figure out how to make this work with the Graphical NOAA Report scripts by Murry Conarroe)

So, to be able to continue using the old data with the new, going forward I can see two possible options:

1)   Continue to run VWS periodically to keep my NOAA Reports (mostly) up to date and readable by the php scripts.
2)   IF the internal structure of the Cumulus NOAA Reports is similar to VWS (and others), I could change the default naming convention in Cumulus and have it upload it's reports in the VWS naming convention, thus being compatible with my existing VWS reports.

Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions on either of these options? Or are there even yet other alternatives that I haven’t considered? (would not surprise me in the least!)

Thanks,

anything